Thread: Help Willie

Default Help Willie

Willie has too many forwards that are capable of playing on the top 3 lines
    We should help him make the right choices for his top 3 lines.
    The centremen are all guaranteed.
    Ringrose
    Bosh
    Hamilton

Dunstall has dibs on his spot with Ringrose, and if he consistantly makes contact on the forecheck, he will keep it, otherwise hello Portland.

Obviously, Ennis is sure of a spot with Bosh, assuming Buffalo doesn't fall in love with the little speedster prematurely.

Cameron I expect good things from this year if he can stay injury free, so he will claim one spot with Hamilton. This line will eat up most teams 3d lines this year.

We will have to fit in Okal, Vey, Stampohar, Frazee, Gal, Grant, & King.

My guess is:
    King Ringrose Dunstall
    Okal or Vey Bosh Ennis
    Stampohar Hamilton Cameron

This leaves 4 18/19 year old forwards on the 4th line/bench.

Probable 4th line Stampohar or Okal Gal Frazee

I dont think we want a 19 year old in the press box, so Grant had better of added 10 lbs of muscle and come prepared to show more finish consistantly than last year.

Not much room for training camp surprises, but internal competion for icetime will be intense.

We may not have the best team in the league, but it will be the hardest working with alot of speed and skill up front.

Good luck with this Willie, it will be fun to see how it all works out.
    Last edited by BrooksCat; 08-17-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: learned to spell

Default Better

Pretty good analysis of your team depth, but as for the hardest working I would question that. I think unless Spokane, Brandon, and Lethbridge aren,t in the leaque you will be hard working but not near what these speedy lunch bucket teams bring to the rink night in and night out because of the lessons learnt during last years playoffs and their returning core of players

Spokane might be a bit of a question mark in the hard work department. It depends on what the effect of losing Peters as head coach has on them.

We usually end up with at least 1 player who comes in unexpectedly, like sean ringrose, last year.

LOL I just made about 3 posts then ended up deleting them Maybe we have some trade bait??

I think we will have a hot start even with 2 home games in the first 8. I think Ennis will be returned to us quickly cause buffalo is loaded with forwards. At best I would think Ennis plays 1 exhibition game for a good camp and is sent back. Defense looks crowded too especially if Bendfeld does come back, and if Dylan Olsen decides to come play for us, all the better.

We'll have to see how training camp goes, we may end up with a football roster at the end of main camp.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Default Andrew Herle in camp??:

Just a question if a Andrew Herle was at Tigers' camp this year? He was protected a year (or two?) ago but not sure what happened to him.

Thanks.