Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ex Wheat Kings

Chad Erb has agreed to play for Milwaukee (AHL) for the rest of the playoffs.

Chad Erb & Brandon Lockerby both commited to play for the Manitoba Bisons next season.

Never liked Lockerby, good on Erby

All-Time Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    Never liked Lockerby, good on Erby
    The Bisons sure have been busy recruiting WHL boys. They also picked up Jesse Deckert and Ian Duval. And already feature Brandon born and former Raider Mike Hellyer. They like the Western kids

I'd be interested to know just how good of a league that Lance Monych played in last season. In 08/09 he played for the Tilburg Trappers, somewhere in Europe Im assuming. Anyways, he got 40 goals and 92 points in just 36 games. Way more points than he ever seen through junior and pro. Just wondering if anyone knows much about that league

Marty Murray is coming back home to Manitoba where he will get the chance to play as close to home as possible signing a one-year deal with the Manitoba Moose!!!! Should fill in real nice with the departures of Jason Jaffray, Jason Krog & Cullen. Should be a top line guy with lots of expectations. It'll be great to get the chance to see him play again...all the best to Marty!!

James Priestner (18)been traded to the Prince George Cougars for defenceman Aaron Ness (19)

I have free tickets to the moose games again this week when they play Norfolk..

Norfolk has former Wheat Kings Juraj Simek and Ryan Craig..

Also have a lot of former dub guys in Tokarski, Keller, Wishart, Tyrell and Fadden.. should be good.

I like watching Marty Murray play. Still one of the faster guys on the ice

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    I have free tickets to the moose games again this week when they play Norfolk..

Norfolk has former Wheat Kings Juraj Simek and Ryan Craig..

Also have a lot of former dub guys in Tokarski, Keller, Wishart, Tyrell and Fadden.. should be good.

I like watching Marty Murray play. Still one of the faster guys on the ice
    Not to mention one of the greatest Wheat Kings of all time!! That was one of best news a fan could recieve hearing Marty Murray signing with the Moose giving all of his fans another chance to see him again. That was one of the best things about the Illes Des Chenes North Stars team, it was so nice to watch all the guys we grew up watching again like Mark Kolesar, Darren Ritchie, Jeff Hoad, Jomar Cruz, Scott Hlady...its always nice to see guys that we watched for years, watching them playing senior or pro its nice to see them do well. Marty Murray was a pure class act, you will never top him!

I was going to post that maybe it was just the homer in me, but Craig looked really good out there. Looked like he was healthy and in shape, and then sure enough after the game the Lightning brought him back up!

Simek still has some SICK hands.

Hoping I can get tickets to the games when Hamilton is in town as I'd like to see a lot of those guys play.