Thread: Can only keep 3 of 7

Hybrid View

Default Can only keep 3 of 7

I've asked this before, but now we have new members so let's go over it again. We have 7 85 born's next year and we can only keep 3. Here's my predictions....

1. Kyle Annesley: Tough choice between Annelsey or Kress, I'd take Annesley.

2. Mark Kress: Kress is the crowd favorite...got into the 1st ever fight for the Silvertips. Good chance the Org. will keep him over Annesley.

3. Ryan Blatchfod: Gone...trade, release, etc...

4. Mike Wall: Gone...Trade, release, etc..

5. Torrie Wheat: #1 forward line and will wear the "C"

6. Ivan Baranka: Will move to a "pro league" in the offseason

7. Shawn Heshka: #1 defensive line and will wear the "A"

Default My 3

1. Kyle Annesley: Gone...traded for so much needed 87 borns. Probably a package deal with an 88 like Zaskitko or Cruerer.

2. Mark Kress: Gone....I would not be surprised to see him move on and play University Hockey in Canada like Schmidt did this year.

3. Ryan Blatchfod: Gone...trade, release, etc... AGREE 100%

4. Mike Wall: Will be here at least until trade deadline in January. He will split equal time with Irving unless Leland struggles and then will be the #1. What people forget is it takes goalies a lot longer to mature in thier positions than other players. Also Kevin is a former goalie (he knows EXACTLY what it takes to get the job done) and with our young team he may keep him to provide that "old" factor back there.

5. Torrie Wheat: #1 forward line and will wear the "C"--AGREE

6. Ivan Baranka: Will be playing in Hartford next year

7. Shawn Heshka: Could get a pro contract but if he doens't he will definately be back.

And who knows who might be available as a OA next year throughout the league. We may see a new face as a 20 year old.

Default Baranka

Now that Baranka has officially gone to the AHL it actually seems like it is probably a blessing in disguise. For some reason I didn;t realize not only would he take up a 20-year-old spot, but he would ALSO count as one of the two Euros. Now we can go out and find another Euro and since we have too many 20-year-olds anyway, it narrows down the choices.

I still think Heshka, Wheat and Annesley should be the three to keep, but deciding between Annesley, Wall and Kress will be a tough choice for Constantine. Especially since Kress is probably the 2nd most popular tip behind Mitch.

Speaking of Mitch, I find it interesting the "team Roster" link on the Tips website has already removed Ivan Baranka but continues to list Mitch Love.

they might still have mitch on there to help his running for mayor campaign
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Iconwhl what I think

I heard Wheat wants to go back to school, maybe college hockey, hope he stays, but not quite physical enough to lead this team.
    Heshka will stay in town and return, I am taking him drag racing sometime this summer. My pick for the C.
    Wall probably will go, time for the kid to step into the starter role.
    Kress is a keeper, gets an A, leaving Blatch and Annesley, I pick Blatchford to stay, much improved and an Iron Man winner.
    Book 'em Danno, HOCKEY GAME OVER!!

Default wheat

I hadn;t heard anything about Wheat, but if that is true it is all the more reason to keep Annesley over Blatchford or Kress. In fact, if Wheat leaves I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Annesley & Kress and let Blatch go. They would need some experience at the forwards with Wheat gone.