Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 - Brandon @ Regina

Hybrid View

Default Game 2 - Brandon @ Regina

Another game where we played 20 mins of hockey, looks like Schenn stood up for somebody, Regina guy had a 2 for charging, and then fought Schenn.

I guess the good news is, we are so talented offensively that even if we do have a bit of a deficit going into the third we can make the come back. I'm hoping/guessing that when Robak and Calvert get back we'll have a few less goals in our net. Robak should really stabalize our top 4 d-men, and it'll be nice to have line combos that make sense again, assuming McCrimmon knows what those are.

Hayes looks to have had a good night statistically, 37 shots, 34 saves in 65 minutes.. works out to what.. a 2.75-ish GAA including stopping all 3 shooters in the SO

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44
    Another game where we played 20 mins of hockey, looks like Schenn stood up for somebody, Regina guy had a 2 for charging, and then fought Schenn.

I guess the good news is, we are so talented offensively that even if we do have a bit of a deficit going into the third we can make the come back. I'm hoping/guessing that when Robak and Calvert get back we'll have a few less goals in our net. Robak should really stabalize our top 4 d-men, and it'll be nice to have line combos that make sense again, assuming McCrimmon knows what those are.

Hayes looks to have had a good night statistically, 37 shots, 34 saves in 65 minutes.. works out to what.. a 2.75-ish GAA including stopping all 3 shooters in the SO
    ...and kicked his ass. Give credit to Schenn for stepping up but Mitchell handed his ass to him.

As solid as you guys are offensively, the wheaties must improve defensively if they expect to compete later through the season. Regina for the most part had no problems walking into brandon's zone, and Hayes can only do so much.

And I think the out come wasnt because of Brandon's skill(which is high)....but its more that the pats let up and gave Brandon alot more room to use their skill. In the end, the 3rd period decided everything, and Regina came up weak in the 3rd after basically dominating the 1st and the 2nd. Credit Brandon for sticking to the game plan, unlike some teams.

And might I say that the officiating was beyond horrible. Many little missed called, but the one that sticks out is that McCue cheapshot on Cerveny. He should be suspended for his hit, a blantant smashing of Cerveny's head in the boards at the end of the bench! He was rolling on the ice in pain and there wasnt even any call! Should have boarding at they VERY LEAST. But thats the officials fault....Not to blame the loss on the officials or anything, but it sure didnt help. Brandon got away with alot, and that ***** Clark was diving all over the place and wieler fell for it every time. Total BS.

Even when considering the wieler and byblow show, it was still a fun game though. Big hits, and nice goals. Competitive game.

Yep, it's always the ref's fault eh Roddy?
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

You can't read, can you?

The way it was described on the radio wasnt that it was a hit from behind, it was that he rode him into the turnbuckle on the first pane of glass next to the bench

In regards to the Mitchell fight Schenn won Mitchell just ended up on top at the end. Far cry from getting his ass kicked. Mccue Should have his head kicked in for the hit it Rudy but if it was me i would do the same thing as Nivek said to me during the game if we had a tough guy he gets his head kicked in. Overall good game if we had our guys back we would never give up that three goal lead i know the mini-wheats missing guys too but...

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    ...and kicked his ass. Give credit to Schenn for stepping up but Mitchell handed his ass to him..
    You need to watch the fight again, Schenn got hit by 1 punch at the end but that was it,I'd call it a tie. I'd love that Mitchell on my team. I hate to see Schenn have to keep fighting.
    And how about 16 year old Miller going toe to toe with 20 year old Bartley, that's waht I like to see!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    You need to watch the fight again, Schenn got hit by 1 punch at the end but that was it,I'd call it a tie. I'd love that Mitchell on my team. I hate to see Schenn have to keep fighting.
    And how about 16 year old Miller going toe to toe with 20 year old Bartley, that's waht I like to see!!
    Miller almost won that one too. Bartley should stick to big hits and points rather than fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    Miller almost won that one too. Bartley should stick to big hits and points rather than fighting.
    Bartley's a beast, I wish we had him rather than McCue!!
    And Weal, that kid is a talent...
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    Bartley's a beast, I wish we had him rather than McCue!!
    And Weal, that kid is a talent...
    I concur with this entire post, and that, is a fact