Thread: Tyler Ennis

Default Tyler Ennis

Tyler Ennis is being returned to the Tigers from Rookie Camp at Buffalo. It will be good to have him back in the line up. clrkthj

Noticed that Ennis is off to a pretty slow start. Anything to attribute to that?

were a month in vc124
    nhl Go Tigers Go

The opposition is getting their top line out against him, and playing physical.

One thing Ive noticed is a lot of line matching against him. He's been hard pressed to get some free ice.

He's had some not bad shifts, but they have come infrequently.

The puck hasn't really been following him much though either. He'll get on the ice and the play is in the opposite corner for 2/3 the shift. No doubt its just a matter of time before he explodes, and gets his puckluck back.
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 10-06-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: removed quotations
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma
    One thing Ive noticed is a lot of line matching against him. He's been hard pressed to get some free ice.
    Very true. Molleken Sent out Patterson against Ennis and he was shut down pretty good. After being that high of a draft pic coaches tell thier players to watch out for him. I expect Ennis will get his confidence(and some goals) back on the Powerplay, where its hard to mark man to man, that will give Ennis some room. clrkth
    BLEED BLUE

Default Tyler Ennis

I know this reply is almost a month late, but I have noticed that as well as Ennis, Zach Boychuk from Lethbridge has looked like he's still in pro camp mode, i.e., playing at such a high level that it seems like they aren't doing anything productive, yet they're overskating the puck, and it seems they're almost too fast for the WHL. I know it's a matter of time before they both get their timing back and when they do, they'll be fun to watch!

I think teams have wised up to Ennis' moves. I noticed him getting checked a lot more this year and rubbed out on the boards that didn't happen last year.