Thread: Pats re-assign 2

Default Pats re-assign 2

From Rod's blog....

http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/2008...o-players.html

Neither one is a surprise...
    Dort to Notre Dame (SJHL)
    Perrault to Battlefords (SJHL)

Maybe they should have actually given the other two guys more of a chance to show in a real game situation what they got before they got cut. Dort didnt even play during the regular season and Perrault had a little bit of time in one game, where he actually played pretty good.

Slobozian hasnt exactly stood out too much between the three. Though he is a promising prospect who has age on his side, he would probably benefit more from being sent down if he isnt going to get much icetime as the 7th defenceman (as Miller HAS stood out and earned the playing time he has recieved and shouldnt be a healthy scratch). He only has 20 highschool level games under his belt, which is a lower level of play than AAA midget if I am not mistaken.

A guy like Dort would be better for the 7th defenceman role, since he isnt going to learn much more from midget or junior A, plus he could be more grit for a team supposedly lacking a fighter...though if slobozian is the best of the three right now, it only makes sense to keep him. But the kid need some playing time, and if he cant get any here in the WHL, then send him down to midget where he can get the the sufficient amount and probably more.

Default Yeah

Not surprised about Perrault but i heard Dort was a thick solid guy. Never seen him play but sounds like he might be more ready for WHL play than Slobozian.
    We may all have different opinions but one thing brings us all here...HOCKEY RULES!

You send Slobozian home and he doesn't have anywhere to play. That is why he was playing high school hockey last year. If the organization thinks that he has the potential, then it is better to practice everyday and get in a game every week than it is to play a 3 month season.
    Parrault is 17 and I thought a good pick up. He will be some value to the club in the coming years and playing in Regina is an easy call up.
    I don't know much about Dort. I didn't get a chance to see him play.

5. Default Slobozian

Parkland Rangers AAA midget team plays out of Dauphin, so he had that team to play for last year and this year.

I'm not sure which team owns his MJHL rights, but the Dauphin Kings are also available as a team to play for.

He chose to play for his high school team, as he had other options. Those other options are still there if the Pats wanted to send him down.

Well, I would imagine he plays tonight against the warriors. I hope he can impress like Miller has so far. From what I have heard (have not seen enough to really critique yet), he is a very good skater with some offensive talent. Raw, but still got skill.

Looking forward to the game tonight anyways. All of the forward rookies should be playing because of the injuries we have, so we wont have many scratches tonight.

Take note that this could very well be one of Rowat's last starts as a pat, being that we have to decide who is staying and who is going soon. Or it could be Bosch going. We will see.

I wouldnt be opposed to Ketlo actually playing either.