Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Any news?

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Well this sounds about right. Not a big surprise.

Expect the Ice to be moved to the Central Division if this all goes thru in 06-07.

Unless of course Edmonton is going to get an expansion Franchise in the near future. Then to keep the Divisions balanced, they would have to keep the ICE in the west.
    They would probably move Swift Current to the east too.

The rumors that I have heard here in Calgary, and forgive me if I am wrong, but the expansion Chilliwack team in 06-07, along with franchise brother Edmonton, also in 06-07 (obviously).

The Ice to the central, and the Broncos to the East. That will give the WHL a 5-5-6-6 setting. Top 8 from each conference make the playoffs, and they will be coference wide the whole playoffs, not divisional in the first round like we have now.

Personally, I think it's a bunch of crap. It's a perfect set up right now (other than Kootenay not deciding if they are an Alberta team or a BC team LOL), with 10in each conference. Leave it alone.

Thanks a lot Porter. He showed everyone his poker hand too soon, and got burned. Too bad. Thats business.

If the league had any (guts), they would tell him to stay in Tri, and make a go of it. Sorry the fans won't show up now to support your team. Perhaps you should sell.

What the league is doing is rewarding him for making a bad business decision. How do you possibly get rewarded with an expansion team, because your move out of the city, for no real reason, got rejected.

The bottom line for me is that the Ams belong in Tri. And Porter needs to go.

My thoughts

Taz
    Last edited by HAF; 04-22-2005 at 05:05 PM.

So the Eastern and Central divs with 6 teams each 12 in the conference
    and B.C 5 AND US 5 for 10 teams. If I were in the east its not a fair setup come playoff time as 4 teams are not going to the playoffs in the East conference and only two in the west.

You got it.

What a bunch of crap.

And we all the Porter to thank for it.

As a side note I want it known to the fans of Tri that are on this board that I am pissed at your 'owner'---not you great fans. You guys want a team, and desrve a team. Its Porter that needs to be punished, not you guys.

Taz

In the 12 east scenario, Moose Jaw wouldn't have made it in which would have made the East playoffs the hottest ticket in the league. Great playoff hockey.