Thread: Impoertant Week Lies Ahead

Default Impoertant Week Lies Ahead

Keen's Korner

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Important Week Lies Ahead

Now that the Thanksgiving long weekend is over, the Broncos can be thankful for an Eastern Conference leading record of 8-2 following a couple of wins over Kootenay and Medicine Hat.

Next up, three really tough divisional games in the next four nights. The Broncos host the red hot Saskatoon Blades tomorrow night. The Blades have rattled off six wins in a row and are only two points back of the Broncos for the east division lead. On the weekend, the Broncos play in Moose Jaw and then Brandon.

Traditionally, Moose Jaw has been a tough place to play for the visiting Broncos, but our boys have won the last five visits to the "Crushed Can". Quick, sign the petition!

Just kidding Moose Jaw, build the thing already.

The Broncos haven't had much luck in Brandon, they've lost their last six visits to the newly named Westman Communication Place dating back to December 9th, of 2006.

---------------
    Guggy the Real Deall?

You can't argue with the numbers Mark Guggenberger has posted since joining the Broncos at last year's trade deadline.

Here's statistical breakdown in his career Bronco numbers:

GP: 19
    W/L: 12-5-1
    Shutouts: 5
    Save %: .929
    GAA: 2.09

Guggenberger has started 18 games for the Broncos and has never been pulled from the crease. The most goals he's allowed in a game was five which happened only once.

With that said, Travis Yonkman is set to make his return to game action as early as this week.

--------------------------------
    Jesse Dudas Comments

Broncos over-age defenseman Jesse Dudas continues to re-hab his knee injury with the Edmonton Oilers and says he could be about three to four weeks away from being ready to return.

"It's coming along, it's still sore with some of the movements I do but physio is getting some strength into it. Hopefully at the latest it's another month"

On suffering another major injury in his WHL career:

"Yeah I've been talking to some people about that. It's getting pretty annoying but hopefully this is the last one and I can move on"

On the Broncos 20 year-old situation:

" That's all up to Dean (Chynoweth) and the staff. There's four of us now and they've been doing pretty good. To be part of the group would be nice but it's hard for me to say, it's all up to the coaching staff and management."

----------

My understanding is that Dudas has been placed on a long term injury list. Once he's cleared to play and returned to the Broncos, the team has two weeks to make a decision to get down to three 20 year-olds.

FYI, the WHL's 20 year-old cut down date is slated for Thursday this week. Some teams still have some decisions to be made. Expect some movement around the league in the days leading up.

-----------

The Western Hockey League is set to announce the host of the 2010 Memorial Cup Wednesday in an afternoon news conference in Calgary. All signs and indications are pointing to the Brandon Wheat Kings to beat out both Everett and Kelowna.

Jon

www.jonkeen.blogspot.com

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Really interested to see Peddle, Eakin and the rest of your youth movement come into town, do us a favour and leave one of your 2 goalies here will you?!!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.