Thread: Game 1 at Kootenay

Iconwhl Game 1 at Kootenay

Well, Tips fans, I hope your boys don't get the bad end of the stick tonight. I see that Klein is the ref and he is every bit shady. I hope he calls a balanced game. Though from what I see on the score sheet thus far, it is starting to look lopsided as far as penalities. From what I saw and heard, he tends to favor the "better team" (of his tiny perspective). The "better team" gets away with most penalities and the other team gets nailed for silly things. As I see it already, there is a dime out already on the Tips. Just hope to hear the Tips don't get screwed. Good luck in the playoffs and hope your boys can do it again for a second year.

my husband would disagree, but I feel that overall Klien did a pretty good game tonight. pretty much let the boys play... my only question was why did your guy get the ten minute misconduct? we all missed something in my section.

going to be a good series!
    GO ICE GO !!!

OnICE Guest

Iconwhl The 10 Min Misconduct

Klein had taken some abuse from Constantine (who's antics are interesting to watch - he reminds me of Sutter the way he yells at the refs). The players always seem to follow the coach's lead and the Tips were no different. He had taken some verbal abuse from them too.

Shortly before the call Dawes had been crosschecked in front of the 'Tips net after the whistle and the call was made (I think all refs should call those to keep the game in hand). In the Ice end, one or our players (Cracknell I think) put a similar hit on a Tip player. The only difference was it was a hit before the whistle. The Tips player who got the misconduct (can't recall his name - a good D man though) did a Constantine on the ref and the ref made the call. He could have gone 2 for unsportsmanlike but took it easy on the Tips with the 10 minute misconduct instead.

GO ICE GO!!!!

WE BELIEVE!!!!

Thanks for the explaination, i was asking everyone and they didn't have a clue i made a mental note to ask someone here
    GO ICE GO !!!

Icon32 I can breathe

I have to say that last nights game was like a breath of fresh air for the fans watching it! Id like to commend the Tips for their style of play as there was nearly no clutching and grabing from either team. After the Blazers first games against the ICE i honestly didnt want to watch them anymore! This was a good clean game with no real cheap shots. Dawes seems pretty well these days as he was throwing the body all night. Congrats on game one ICE 3 more wins till the next competitor arrives! GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Default Just remember

Our boys are coming home Monday and Tuesday to play in front of the home crowd. Every player on our team thrives on playing in front of our VERY LOUD crowd.

I expect at least 7,000 there for each game and it will be LOUD! All we have to do is win tonight and we can win it on home ice!

Don't EVER count our boys out of any series! They always find a way to battle back!

I don.t think a croud of 7000 screaming people will intimidate the ICE, they have played in front of 17000 fans in Calgary and still won. But in saying that the Silvertips will be playing for there playoff lives. It will still take no more than 5 games till its all over the Tips just cant match the ice in this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper
    I don.t think a croud of 7000 screaming people will intimidate the ICE, they have played in front of 17000 fans in Calgary and still won. But in saying that the Silvertips will be playing for there playoff lives. It will still take no more than 5 games till its all over the Tips just cant match the ice in this round.
    Unless you have been to a game in Everett before you have no idea what the noise level is like. In any other arena in the league I can carry on a conversation with my husband. Not in Everett; it is just way to loud to even attempt to.

I agree they will be playing for thier lives but ya know I am so proud to call them my team even if they go down in 4 you will see our fans stand there and cheer until they kick us out of the arena on Tuesday night.

I've never been to the Everett arena, though i'd love to come but work put an end to that, but I know a few of the players and believe me, they love playing in rinks that are loud on the road, they look forward to travelling to places like everett, spokane, calgary, medicine hat, specially when there's full crowds. So I don't think the noise is what would throw there game off. I'm not saying the Ice are gonna win the games (though I hope so), just that noise wouldn't be the reason. GO ICE GO!