Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sorochan another class act

Number_4 Guest

Default Sorochan another class act

Lethbridge Hurricanes goaltender Aaron Sorochan has donated $139 to the We Care Saves for Little Hearts Program. Sorochan donated one dollar for every goal he let in this season.

Sorochan’s $139 donation brings the Saves for Little Hearts total to $1854. This season every time A Hurricanes goalie made a save, We Care Home Health Services donated a dollar to the Lethbridge Neo-Natal Intensive Care unit. The money donated will go towards the purchase of a C-Pap Machine. A C-Pap is a non-invasive respiratory aid for new-borns.

“I looked at the big banner in the south end of the Enmax Centre, which indicates the total dollars raised throughout the season & felt that every time I let in a goal I took away a dollar from this great cause,” commented Sorochan. “So I felt it appropriate to donate a dollar for every each of the 139 goals I let in this season. In doing so I invite the whole corporate community to match or exceed my donation to help purchase the C-Pap Machine for the CHR as quickly as possible. I hope everyone can rally around this cause as eagerly as they rallied around the team this season.”

Individuals or corporations can match or exceed Aaron’s donation by contacting the LRH Foundation office at (403) 388-6001 or visiting www.lrhfoundation.com.

Sorochan will present his donation to the LRH Foundation this Friday April 8th at 11a.m. in the south atrium of the Lethbridge Regional Hospital.

The 20-year-old product of Edmonton completed his final year of Junior Hockey eligibility this season. Sorochan set a new Hurricanes Single Season Goals Against Average record and tied the Hurricanes Single Season Shutout record. He was also named the WHL East Conference Goaltender of the year, nominated for WHL Goaltender of the Year, named to the WHL East Conference First All Star Team, named the Players Bench Hurricanes Humanitarian of the year and Telus Most Popular Hurricanes Player as voted by his teammates.

-http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/

What a great guy, to donate to the cause too. And it is a great way to get others in the community involved in the challenge. He will be missed next year.

I agree. $139 may not seem like much, but to a 20 year old with a very limited income it is significant.

He's a great guy, we saw that when he played in Van, nice to see he still has his head screwed on right.

Hopefully he can get a chance to play in the AHL or other minor league next year.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Iconwhl

What a great guy Sorochan is his radio interview after the last game was all class and now this i have nothing but respect for him and hope he can continue hockey at the pro Level. There is nothing but Great things for Sorochan in the years to come with all the class in the world. Way to guy Aaron were goin to miss ya in Lethbridge.

Sorochan was not a model citizen when the Gaints come to PA last year. He went nuts after a desputed goal. The ref ruled a goal after talking to the goal judge. Sorochan two-handed the glass right in front of the goal judges face and yelled at him with every 2nd word being an f-bomb. I know as I sit close to the judge. He continued to swear at him after each stop in play....one time he waved his glove at him after making a save. I am not trying to take anything away from his donation. That is great and a sign that he has matured.
    From Parts Unknown

That was the competative nature of Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    That was the competative nature of Aaron.
    Well on that night the competive nature made him look like a fool
    From Parts Unknown

Aaron was a streaky goalie and never came through in the clutch he had a great year but got shelled in the playoffs. Im glad he donates money but the hurricanes systeme sure help his gaa this year he is an average goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Furback
    Aaron was a streaky goalie and never came through in the clutch he had a great year but got shelled in the playoffs. Im glad he donates money but the hurricanes systeme sure help his gaa this year he is an average goalie.
    Hey Furback,

Just curious did watch the Hurricanes alot this season....more often then not it was Sorochan bailing them out.

Sure the system helps but Sorochan is a very good goalie.
    Best puckhandling goalie in the WHL.

Nielson11

I'd have to say tht Glass is the best puckhandling goalie in the league