Thread: Broncos 5 @ Warriors 2

Default Broncos 5 @ Warriors 2

*UPDATE* Check out the game highlights with comments from both teams by clicking on the link at the end of this recap.

What a win!

Two great aspects of the game were a success story tonight for Swifty. First, the work ethic, and secondly the powerplay. Those two elements of their game, especially when combined, can do a lot of damage.

-what work ethic! The Broncos did everything they are good at....remain calm and composed, play a good transition game, make great defensive plays, take advantage of mistakes, pressure down low, among other things. Overall, it was a phenominal team performance.

-Eric Doyle has been awesome this year...but he always performs top notch in Moose Jaw. It's amazing how he controls the play with a calming presence but yet, is so dangerous offensively on that blue line. He chipped in with a goal and an assist in this one.

-how about Joel Rogers? He was out for a lengthy stretch and jumped right in versus Saskatoon on Wednesday...quite frankly it looked like he had never missed a shift. Never mind that though! TONIGHT he played awesome and was helped off the ice in the second period after dishing out a devastating hit. It looked scary...Joel was putting zero weight on that left leg.....but PRESTO! Back out he came and had a whale of a third period to help preserve the win. Obviously it was a big relief to see that, and again, what a night for Rogers!

-Jan Dalecky was certainly back to his old self tonight....he worked his butt off down low and helped the team with two goals including the fifth goal....a sharp angle beauty over the shoulder of Devin Dubyk.

-Moose Jaw HC Dave Hunchak pulled goalie Todd Mathews after he gave up two goals on eight shots. Although the first goal was a screened shot, I don't think Mathews looked sharp at all through those first eight shots...so maybe a good call by Hunch? Devin Dubyk replaced Matthews of course. He looked average for the remainder of the game.

-Quinton Howden is dangerous for Moose Jaw. He scored the second goal for the Warriors on a quick little wrister over the shoulder of Guggenberger.

-the Warriors certainly turned their play up a notch in the second period...they carried a lot of the play in that frame.

-the Broncos' PP, as aforementioned, was clicking in this contest at 3 for 6. They kept it simple and got shots to the net with traffic. Doesn't that sound a lot like what Deano said they had to start doing? He called it.

-this sounds cliché..but yes....Mark Guggenberger was solid when called upon to improve to 6-3 on the season.

-and Grant Toulmin DUKED IT OUT TONIGHT!! Touly had a BOUT with Brian Sommers. Call it a draw..but Toulmin did get in a few great shots to the opponent's head. In any case...it's fun to see a big guy like Toulmin provide that sort of spark for the hockey club.

-I MISSED two apparent injuries tonight...one to Matt Tassone who left the game and didn't return, and the same thing with Ryan Molle. Can you believe I missed those plays? I can't. lol

-three other guys who were very noticeable and worked hard...Captain Derek Claffey was great, and Taylor Vause was back with his tenacious style of play. Jordan Peddle also played well and got rewarded with a goal.

-Geordie Wudrick also looked improved.

-the Broncos are presently off to Brandon. A win there tomorrow would no doubt be HUGE. Confidence is high...the guys can follow up with a good effort. The Wheat Kings' offense is improving lately and they will be tough.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

JUST NOTES

-this recap comes to you from somewhere between Chaplin and Morse. I'm able to post it on my PDA phone courtesy a great buddy, who afforded the trip to Moose Jaw tonight for myself and two other good Bronco fans. Thanks for the ride Mic!

-the visiting row of Bronco fans in the Northwest corner of the Crushed Can provided an awesome atmosphere for our guys for the entirety of the contest...which I believe played quite a big factor in the road win. More fun times on the road in Regina or Moose Jaw! lol

-no one in Moose Jaw is uttering a sentence about the rink project. Are the citizens fed up? Anyway...here's the good news: While all this talk and petition action is going on, the project is going full steam ahead. Hopefully there won't be any interference.

-I struggled to turn back West tonight without heading East for Brandon. It's not in the cards I guess. Next time for sure.

-Tisdale Trojans @ Legionnaires tomorrow! Game time is 8 PM from CU i-Plex. Be there! GO LEGION!!

-one more thing...CTV was in attendance tonight in MJ..so check this recap early in the morning for a possible link to the highlights on YOU TUBE...which I'll attempt to grab here momentarily on CTV 11 PM news.

We're at Waldeck and I'm out...have a good one!

Sent via PDA on the 1X Network.

*Click on the following link for game highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDajANjSKts
    Last edited by Big Ern; 10-18-2008 at 12:37 AM.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Great game, especially Dalecky, hope this kid keeps it rolling. Good on Toulmin to at least drop the gloves (even if it was with a light weight). What can you say about Guggenburger what a goalie WOW. Peddle this kid will have a bright future, he always amazes me I think I may have to get a Peddle jersey.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"