Thread: Players to watch.....

Default Players to watch.....

If the Broncos staff think they are close to contending, here are a few players to watch for
    Kyle Beech-Will give us a nice scoring threat plus much needed toughness. More than likely he will not be returning for another season.
    From Seattle
    Jim Obrien-Will add offense
    Prab Rai-Will add goals
    Either
    Hickey-Will add more offense from the backend
    Acostle-adds some much needed toughness.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

In my opinion the Broncos will have a ton of injuries this year unless the toughness issue is resolved. There is no way you can have a team with this many young, smaller and skilled guys and have Tassone as your heavy. If I was an opposition coach my game plan would be run us all night. It is already showing up on the injury list. Watch how much bigger the guys in Edmonton play with Macintyre in the line-up or the Canucks with Rypien and Hordichuk now playing. Even Graham friggin James knew enough to have 2 or 3 HWs around. This will be an injury plagued season and a short playoff run if we dont get tougher.

I couldn't agree more. The other teams will and are putting us thru the boards. We need a heavey weight or two for sure.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Default you read my mind

I couldn't agree more .Things would have looked Different is Dale would have came back .Just his on ice presents has a hard hitter helped .We don’t need a Tidball just a guy that plays and hits hard can handle himself when the time comes to stick up for team mates . Molle fought a few times a couple of years ago and did very good but he doesn’t even use his big body to make forwards pay. Sending these Kids to NHL camps so young seems to make some of them slack off a bit back in Junior .look down our bench and see how awesome some of these guys played last year and how they are playing now ? But could just be to much pressure because fans and coaches have higher expectations of them this year. and they are trying to do to much
    [COLOR=Navy]Go BRONCOS Go

as awful as portland seems getting a playoff spot in the western conference looks pretty easy right now, so everett trading beech seems unlikely. but if tips management figures, eh we can squeek in anyway, we got good young talent, why not get some playoff experience, and load up for next year by trading beech. of course he is going to come at a steep price. probably a roster or list player and a high bantam draft pick. would the broncos be willing to part with so much?

Quote Originally Posted by dodywood4ever
    In my opinion the Broncos will have a ton of injuries this year unless the toughness issue is resolved. There is no way you can have a team with this many young, smaller and skilled guys and have Tassone as your heavy. If I was an opposition coach my game plan would be run us all night. It is already showing up on the injury list. Watch how much bigger the guys in Edmonton play with Macintyre in the line-up or the Canucks with Rypien and Hordichuk now playing. Even Graham friggin James knew enough to have 2 or 3 HWs around. This will be an injury plagued season and a short playoff run if we dont get tougher.
    has to be somebody who can take a regular shift without being an embarrassment. there's no room on a roster for a heavy you send out once a period.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango
    has to be somebody who can take a regular shift without being an embarrassment. there's no room on a roster for a heavy you send out once a period.
    Agreed. Pretty tough to enforce from the bench ala Tidball. But a legit heavy gets away with some lack of skill with the room he gets. Look at Parkers junior numbers. Think he had 20 some goals one year. Think they were all back hand shelf jobs? Nope. they bounced off him in the slot cause no one had the balls to move him. Im thinkin a Spencer type dman. Can anybody clone Dody Wood?

Default Good ol Dody

I remember him well. First shift as a Bronco he hits a guys behind the net. The guy gives Dody a little shot after the hit. Dody challenges him and drops the mitts. I thought whats he doing, he's not that big compared to the guy he hit but after he wasted the guy he had my respect and he could play also.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

dude could play. Threw down some real good numbers in Kansas City. Had the best 1st 25 mins of any game ever in the NHL. Fought Chase twice and Domi once and got the boot.