Thread: What Gives !!!!

Default What Gives !!!!

Saskatoon Blades Trounce The Regina Pats, Tuesday 8-1. The Following Night At Saskatoon, The Blades Lost To The Worst Team In The WHL, Portland Winter Hawks In Over Time 4-3! Up Until Wednesday, Portland Had Only Won 1 Game. Just Think, Saskatoon Had Won 8 Games In Arrow.

Did Saskatoon Bench All The Older Players, And Play With Their Rookies!

Regina Pats play Portland Winter Hawks, this Friday. I hope Derkatch plays all his players, that they play 60 minutes of hockey, and stay out of the penalty box, to get the win.

As of Wednesday night, the Regina Pats are in FIFTH PLACE !!! They need a win real bad.
    Last edited by scoreboard; 10-22-2008 at 10:05 PM.

Me thinks they underestimated Portland and played as such.

Default Don't forget...

Almost everyone loses the 1st game back after a road trip. It happens all the time in the NHL and any hockey. I don't know what it is but the 1st home game after a road trip teams just can't get anything going. It is funny though they lost to Portland.
    We may all have different opinions but one thing brings us all here...HOCKEY RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by CJSenterprise4
    Almost everyone loses the 1st game back after a road trip. It happens all the time in the NHL and any hockey. I don't know what it is but the 1st home game after a road trip teams just can't get anything going. It is funny though they lost to Portland.

SORRY, YOUR WRONG. WHEN I WAS AN ASSISTANT - FROM 1965-66 TO 1973-74

1965-66 - 6 ROAD GAMES - DEC. 18 TO 30 - NEXT GAME: FLIN FLON - 5, PATS - 15

1966-67 - 4 ROAD GAMES - FEB. 10-14 - NEXT GAME: SASKATOON - 1, PATS 8

1967-68 - 4 ROAD GAMES - JAN. 4 - 8 - NEXT GAME: ESTEVAN - 5, PATS - 6

1968 to 70 - NO LONG ROAD GAMES - SASKATCHEWAN JUNIOR LEAGUE

1970-71 - 4 ROAD GAMES - DEC. 27 - JAN 3 - NEXT GAME: SWIFT CURRENT - 1, PATS 2

1971-72 - 6 ROAD GAMES - DEC 19 - JAN 3 - NEXT GAME: WINNIPEG 2 - PATS 3

1972-73 - 4 ROAD GAMES - NOV 25 - DEC 1 - NEXT GAME: WINNIPEG 3 - PATS 5

1973-74 - 10 ROAD GAMES - NEXT GAME: FLIN FLON - 2, PATS - 7

SO ROAD GAMES SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WHEN A TEAM COMES HOME AND PLAYS THERE FIRST HOME GAME.

FORGOT THE YEAR - 1977-78 - WHEN COACH LORNE DAVIS - CALLED AND ASKED ME IF I WOULD ASSIST HIM.

1977-78 - TWICE WE HAD LONG ROAD TRIPS - 5 GAMES - OCT 16 - 23, NEXT GAME: CALGARY 1- PATS - 7

1977-78 - 9 GAMES - NOV. 24 - DEC. 4 - NEXT GAME: NEW WESTMINSTER 3 - PATS 6
    Last edited by scoreboard; 10-22-2008 at 11:36 PM.

so it happened once a season over those 10 years that they didn't lose?

majority of the time it doesn't work in the home team's favour.

Also, thanks for the history lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard
    Saskatoon Blades Trounce The Regina Pats, Tuesday 8-1. The Following Night At Saskatoon, The Blades Lost To The Worst Team In The WHL, Portland Winter Hawks In Over Time 4-3! Up Until Wednesday, Portland Had Only Won 1 Game. Just Think, Saskatoon Had Won 8 Games In Arrow.

Did Saskatoon Bench All The Older Players, And Play With Their Rookies!

Regina Pats play Portland Winter Hawks, this Friday. I hope Derkatch plays all his players, that they play 60 minutes of hockey, and stay out of the penalty box, to get the win.

As of Wednesday night, the Regina Pats are in FIFTH PLACE !!! They need a win real bad.
    If your not used to it, that's junior hockey for you. If you don't show up and don't give your opponent respect, your going to epic fail.