Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grill-Donovan done with WKs

Quote Originally Posted by Vik
    You guys are just plain silly sometimes. Matt Lowry had a grand total of 10 goals and 22 points in the WHL and was going to be a 4th liner for the Hat before we traded for him. Now look at him. King's not going to get a chance at getting any real ice time here but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value. And do you really think it's a team's 4th line that wins it championships? Our 4th line doesn't even get 10 minutes/game.

This is all besides the fact that fans in general seem to think that a guy has to put up good offensive numbers or throw some big hits to be of use to the team.
    I absolutely say the 4th line has to check, hit and fight if you want to win a championship
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default 4th Line?

Quote Originally Posted by Vik
    You guys are just plain silly sometimes. Matt Lowry had a grand total of 10 goals and 22 points in the WHL and was going to be a 4th liner for the Hat before we traded for him. Now look at him. King's not going to get a chance at getting any real ice time here but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value. And do you really think it's a team's 4th line that wins it championships? Our 4th line doesn't even get 10 minutes/game.

This is all besides the fact that fans in general seem to think that a guy has to put up good offensive numbers or throw some big hits to be of use to the team.
    You must be joking? To compare Sanford King (or Jefferies or Cowan) to Matt Lowry is completely laughable.

The forth line guys on championship teams play a hugh role in; being the energy guys, being physical, penalty killing, fighting and scoring the odd big goal ... does that sound like our 4th line guys, NOT!

I truly think Sanfred King would have a hell of a time putting up numbers in the MJHL. Hes never shown me any reason to think otherwise. Even when he played AAA as a 16 year old, he didnt exactly rip it up and was basically a point per game player if that! Hes not what hes built up to be and he never will be as long as he plays in Brandon. MAYBE a different scene would work but I truly believe the WHL is far ahead of this kid. He reminds me much like Derek Werenka & Bryan Kauk. Two guys that had very successful careers in Junior A but were never near the factor people thought they would be in the dub. Having success in AAA doesn't always mean the same for WHL and it shows with King. If I was him, id ask for a trade even. He isnt going to play here and for his own good it be best to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Section Eight
    You must be joking? To compare Sanford King (or Jefferies or Cowan) to Matt Lowry is completely laughable.
    How so? I'm not saying they play a similar style at all or that Sanfred (if we're going to bash him, we could at least get his name right) would put up similar numbers in a different situation. I'm saying that a change of scenery and some added ice time can work wonders for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Section Eight
    The forth line guys on championship teams play a hugh role in; being the energy guys, being physical, penalty killing, fighting and scoring the odd big goal ... does that sound like our 4th line guys, NOT!
    "NOT!" Really? You're using a childish saying from the 90s (and using it incorrectly I might add)? Yikes.
    Anywho, do you guys remember the last time we made it to the WHL finals who our 4th line was? It was Sami Sandell - Teegan Moore - Corey Courchene/Jeff Topilko. Did that line put up a lot of goals? Did it throw any big hits or get into many fights? They were sometimes used on the kill but then Jeffries is one of our normal PKers (at least he was last year) and Cowan has been used there too. The fourth line is all about not hurting your team. If it can chip in something useful too, all the better, but it is never what makes or breaks you (or at least shouldn't be).

I'd take what Section eight has to say with a grain of salt. Obviously he's the cranky, bitter guy with nothing positive to say ever.