Thread: 10 ways to improve attendance...in no particular order.

Mats Guest

Default 10 ways to improve attendance...in no particular order.

-Give the game more "Vavoom", change the goal song, get a siren or explosions or a air horn, have a spotlite on the goalscorer when he scores. I and many other people are way too tired of the stir the pot song.
    -The in game music is a constant source of complaints as well. A change there and as well a sound sytem upgrade would not hurt. How much could a couple of subwoofers cost? It would be money well spent to liven the place up. The City and the Ice go halfs on the price?
    -Speaking of the city, install seamless glass on the side boards and the penalty boxes and behind the benches. There is no way I would pay 18 bucks for a ticket sitting in the lower 6 or so rows and only be able to see 1/2 of the game.
    -They should try having a fan appreciation night sometime. I have been going to every game since they moved into the rec-plex and I don't ever remember them having even one.
    -Big market prices for a small market team. A quick look at pricing across the league and our ticket prices, season and single game, when compared to the 1/2 of the league in smaller centers is easliy the highest.
    -Some promos to attract more season ticket holders. Say for every multiple season ticket holder they get one parking pass. Joe Blow has a season ticket but his wife only goes to some games so she buys a flex pass or something like that instead. A free parking pass, a 72 dollar value, mite be enuff to entice the couple to buy another season ticket. Another bum in the seats would quickly make up that 2 dollar parking fee per game. Also I saw one team that put every paid season ticket holders name into a draw for a chance to win a 50 inch TV. There is many things that could be done.
    -Hire somebody with a background in Marketing. Most every team in the league has a director of Marketing. It couldn' hurt.
    -More give-a-ways, like the first 3000 people thru the door get a "blah blah blah" sponsored by "blah blah blah". It seems to me that most nites when they have some kind of promo it costs the fan more money to partake in that certain festivity. Yes it is for a charity most times but the fan still has to dole out more cash.
    -Improve the concessions. Get some beer taps that actually work. Why not have a "Beer Only" line in a couple of them. They could also pre pour a few to make it faster. I hear a lot of complaints about them running out of stuff all the time as well.
    -Attract the out of towners. This team to survive needs the fans from Fernie, Creston and such.
    Play the exhibition games in places like Invermere, Creston and Sparwood. They would be much better off attracting 400 or 500 people there than in the Plex. What a great way to advertise your product.
    Since we are the shopping hub in this area try to tie in promos with Walmart, the Mall, Home Depot or the Superstore, like spend 200 bucks and get a free ticket, something along those lines.
    I doubt I would drive for an hour to watch an Ice game now, with the price of gas and the lack of in house entertainment. Well I mite cause the on ice product is once again outstanding.

I think any of these things would make the experience of going to a game much more enjoyable, therefore putting more butts in the seats. Food for thought.

Good rant! lots of good ideas. The Ice could use a person like you for there P.R. person. That would be a great start. another idea would be to invest in a mini jumbo tron you could sell advertising to help pay for it.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!

Default How about keeping a lead?

My god. applause
    BLEED BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball
    My god. applause
    how about losing to PORTLAND!! hahahahahahahahaha to funny
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Quote Originally Posted by fightstrap50
    how about losing to PORTLAND!! hahahahahahahahaha to funny
    Well that was pretty bad. But you guys blew the lead and let in 3 unanswered goals in 5 minutes to the team that lost to Portland, lol. vci33
    BLEED BLUE

Mats Guest

From the Blazers site:

The Kamloops Blazers are giving you even MORE reasons to get out to Interior Savings Centre and cheer your on Blazers!

NOVEMBER is KIDS MONTH! Until the end of the month, anyone 12 years old and under gets in FREE when accompanied by an adult who purchases a regular-priced walk-up ticket!

More of things the Ice could do to create interest. What a great idea, get young families to come to the game.

The Blades have a "Family Approved" theme, along with a Kid's Zone at every home game that has face painting, sign making, tattoo's, etc - then the team awards the best sign and the best fan in the 3rd period with prizing.