Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Cougars will never succeed in P.G.

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose
    Bellingham is in the US just south of the border from Vancouver.

I don't think location is as big an issue as its made out to be. I think it simply boils down to people not being able to afford it as much and if they can afford it they don't want to support the Brodsky's. I meam we had 2200+ at last nights game. How many other teams could have the start the Cougars did and then go on to lose 9 of the next 10 games and have nothing happen in the front office? I don't see that happening in Kamloops or Vancouver or Chilliwack. Those places the management is held responsible and if you don't produce you are gone or at least dealt with.
    I don't think the location is an "actual" issue either, PG doesn't log the most kms in a season. This is surprising to most and I'm sure some people base their decisions to play in PG on false assumptions. Wow, 2200+ is still pretty good attendance for team that is in a bit of a slump.

Don't the Brodsky's own some other team in the US? I wonder how that team is doing?
    For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Wow, 2200+ is still pretty good attendance for team that is in a bit of a slump.

Don't the Brodsky's own some other team in the US? I wonder how that team is doing?
    the announced attendance was 2288 last night which was the lowest attendance at a Cougars game since they moved to the CN Centre. There couldn't have been more than 1900 actual people there.

I believe this is the team that Brodsky owns in the US.

http://www.wfwildcatshockey.com/index.php

Too funny, they have the exact same logo as the cougars.

Oops, I thought 2200 was good. In Prince Albert that would be close to a sellout crowd. Has it ever been announced what the attendance needs to be nightly to break-even?
    For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Too funny, they have the exact same logo as the cougars.

Oops, I thought 2200 was good. In Prince Albert that would be close to a sellout crowd. Has it ever been announced what the attendance needs to be nightly to break-even?
    2200 is brutal. I think a sell out at the CN Centre would be just under 6000 people. I remember the playoff run they had a couple years ago and attendance was still only 4000-4300 people.

2200 is brutal. I think a sell out at the CN Centre would be just under 6000 people. I remember the playoff run they had a couple years ago and attendance was still only 4000-4300 people.
    I think it's the same here in SK. It seems people aren't as gung-ho about WHL Hockey as they used to be for some reason. There are the few die-hards, but it's mostly the band-wagon jumpers that fill the seats. A couple of bad seasons has people looking for a new form of entertainment. It's no fun to watch your team lose. I hope the Cougars can find their groove again.
    For What It's Worth

I posted too quickly, I just had a thought, do you think the hockey isn't as good as it used to be vci11 . Now there are more teams.
    For What It's Worth

I don't know, in Brandon we averaged 4100 last year and probably didn't draw a whole bunch better than 2500 - 2800 for mid week games.

I watched the game between the Wheaties and Cougars and that Tyrell kid looked like he was worth the price of admission alone. In spite of scoring 5 goals the Cougars missed on 4 or 5 golden opportunities to close out the game and the Wheaties puilled that one out of their ass.

From what I saw the Cougars have the making of a good young team and I think it would be a real disappointment to lose the PG franchise to any other market, especially a cross border market.

Go buy a ticket or five, the WHL is great entertainment value.

GOOD GUY ^^^^ APPRECIATED. THIS YEAR IS SPOSED TO BE A DECENT CONTENDER. iN 2, I CALL IT NOW. WE WIN IT ALLLLL