Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prank Call

Wink Prank Call

I chuckled when I read this last bit in the PG Citizen's article on Tuesday's game.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/2...o-rememberbr-/

What did some Cougars players and coaches do Monday evening? Those not involved in study hall took turns calling season ticket holders, thanking them for their support. One fan refused to believe Dana Tyrell was on the phone, hanging up on the supposed prankster. Tyrell called back and convinced the man it was really the team captain
    For What It's Worth

Thumbs down You're Joking?

What is going on in PG? The players are calling season ticket holders now?? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is almost laughable. Where is themanagement staff/owners? Doesn't someone/some department get paid for this type of thing? Let's have the lads focus on on-ice issues as much as possible. I do realize that the players nowadays are responsible for much more off-ice duties as well, but shouldn't the job of contacting season ticket holders fall on the shoulders of the marketing team?
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

I thought it was a nice gesture. Wouldn't you be tickled pink if you were a season ticket holder, and you got a phone call from your favourite player on the team?
    For What It's Worth

Default Nice Touch ...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    I thought it was a nice gesture. Wouldn't you be tickled pink if you were a season ticket holder, and you got a phone call from your favourite player on the team?
    I agree. If done right it can be a very positive thing. Along the same vein; it's a very popular thing in Pittsburgh where even Sid the Kid participates in hand delivering a few season tickets right to the doorstep of Penguin season ticket holders. Full marks to PG for making the effort ...

Hitmen fans who bought kids club seats got emails from the players, we got Sonne. Flames also did it earier this year. I think it is a great idea. The Flames had the players hand deliver them. Imagine opening the door to see Jarome on your front step. Good for the Cougars.

It was funny because I was not home and they left a message. I check my voice mail and I had a message from Kevin Armstrong and I was confused for a second because I didn't know anyone named Kevin and then I clued in.

I think it was a nice gesture to show ticket holders their appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanfan
    Hitmen fans who bought kids club seats got emails from the players, we got Sonne. Flames also did it earier this year. I think it is a great idea. The Flames had the players hand deliver them. Imagine opening the door to see Jarome on your front step. Good for the Cougars.
    I think I'd faint!
    For What It's Worth

Madcow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    What is going on in PG? The players are calling season ticket holders now?? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is almost laughable. Where is themanagement staff/owners? Doesn't someone/some department get paid for this type of thing? Let's have the lads focus on on-ice issues as much as possible. I do realize that the players nowadays are responsible for much more off-ice duties as well, but shouldn't the job of contacting season ticket holders fall on the shoulders of the marketing team?
    WOW... wound up tight are we? i agree i think that is pretty rad!

Default Dear Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow
    WOW... wound up tight are we? i agree i think that is pretty rad!
    Nope, just my opinion...I am allowed to have one right? vc119 Thanks for your concern.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Geez Westleaf, it's not like they were making them be telemarketers and phone up people selling season tickets. They need to learn to be good citizens along with being good hockey players.
    For What It's Worth