Thread: Edmonton City Info Wanted

Default Edmonton City Info Wanted

We are planning to visit Edmonton on Dec 17th for the game between the Oil kings & the Rockets and would appreciate any info such as…Places to stay close to the arena, transit or parking if hotel is not close, restaurants or pubs close by; any info at all would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance for your help !!

Hey Eecliff,

I can give you some info for your stay. There are no hotels close by the arena but you have a few options downtown, You have the sutton hotel or the westin which is located in the heart of downtown and are very nice. From the hotel you can hop on the LRT right to rexall place. I believe it is 5 dollars total for tickets on the train which can be purchased at the lrt station. as for restaurants , you have every type there is downtown, chris steakhouse beside the westin or japanese village also beside the westin. the usual fast food joints as well. I would suggest coliseum steak and pizza which is located one block west of rexall place... it has been a fan favorite for years and you can enjoy some oiler history inside.

as for pubs or bars... there is a new club called diesel across from rexall (not sure about it as I have never been there) but if you stay downtown you have sherlock holmes (small but nice pub) or boston pizza or depending what you want Oil city roadhouse (younger crowd) which has a rock bar on the main floor and a country bar on the next level....

if you have any questions just private message me and I will attempt to answer any other questions you might have..

Enjoy Edmonton!

Cheers
    WHL 2008 clrkth

Default Edmonton

i'd stay near White Ave...it's just one quick LRT ride to the rink from there but it's a much more fun place to be (pubs, restaurants etc.)

Default Whyte Ave

Quote Originally Posted by bruiserfan
    i'd stay near White Ave...it's just one quick LRT ride to the rink from there but it's a much more fun place to be (pubs, restaurants etc.)
    If staying on Whyte ave, there is the Varscona on Whyte or Mettera. DO NOT STAY at the Commercial On Whyte!

Westin is where I recommend to stay. Always stay there when I'm in the city for business/pleasure. Very nice! Japanese Village right across the place - fun and good! Mongolian Grill also downtown is good. The Stueakhouse Chris' next to the Westin is okay - but super pricy for what you get. LRT makes it easy to get to the rink!! Have fun!!!!!!!!

Would like to thank everyone for their input, it was very helpful..
    We have decided to stay at the Sutton Hotel, it looks like a nice place and is close to shopping and easy access to the LRT.
    Thanks again we sure appreciate it.
    Hope to see you at the game !