Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom Teeth

Exclamation Wisdom Teeth

I just had all 4 of mine removed this morning,my vain was to small in my left arm (probably do to the fact that I have Mild Cerebral Palsy and that I was born 27 weeks premature) so they poked me a second time with no problems finding the vain. I am just chilling out, taking pain killers, putting an ice pack on my face alternating sides of my face,and drinking milkshakes,probably eating soup and foods that I do not have to chew for today at least. I hope to go to the Blades VS Raiders game on friday night and play soccer on Sunday evening this is all depending on how I feel. Right now I feel pretty good but the stitches are pretty annoying but I am sure I will get over it once they dissolve. I usually have a few drinks at the hockey games but I do not think that will be happening.

What is everyone's experience with wisdom teeth? Please feel free to share you stories.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default I Feel For You!

I had mine out about a year and a half ago and still have nightmares. I was swollen, bruised and in severe pain for well over a week, probably close to two weeks in fact. Couldn't eat a darn thing for a long time. To top it all off, I got a dry socket and had to go back to the surgeon for additional painful procedures. My tongue is still numb from time to time. I don't think I would do it again, in fact I know I wouldn't! Hope you have better luck than me.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    I had mine out about a year and a half ago and still have nightmares. I was swollen, bruised and in severe pain for well over a week, probably close to two weeks in fact. Couldn't eat a darn thing for a long time. To top it all off, I got a dry socket and had to go back to the surgeon for additional painful procedures. My tongue is still numb from time to time. I don't think I would do it again, in fact I know I wouldn't! Hope you have better luck than me.
    I had to watch a video about all the risks and the dry socket sounded the worst,but I can not really remember any of it. I hope my weekend is not ruined because of this. At least they are out but I have a feeling that the worst is not over. I do not want to miss the Raiders VS Blades game on friday night!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE
    I had to watch a video about all the risks and the dry socket sounded the worst,but I can not really remember any of it. I hope my weekend is not ruined because of this. At least they are out but I have a feeling that the worst is not over. I do not want to miss the Raiders VS Blades game on friday night!!!!!!
    Yup. seen the video too. I wouldn't be making any concrete plans if I were you. Perhaps you'll have to settle for radio play by play with Les Lazaruk or Drew Wilson.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

you'll look like a chipmunk that just got mugged for a week or so.

Depending upon how bad the swelling is you might have a tough time sitting up for extended periods of time.

I would say after getting all four out it is unlikely you'll get to a Friday game, but maybe a lot of T3's and friend to drag your limp body around might work for you. Good luck.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

What is everyone's experience with wisdom teeth? Please feel free to share you stories.
    When they took my last wisdom tooth out, they had to remove part of my jawbone, break the tooth into pieces and then remove the pieces. My jawline swelled up, and my jaw and neck slightly bruised all the way down to my chest. After the freezing came out, there was an inch or so round area between my lips and my chin that had no feeling in it. The dentist told me that the feeling would return in it within a week or two. He was right about it returning, but it took about 8 months.

Was a weird sensation, felt like I was shaving someone else when I hit that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    you'll look like a chipmunk that just got mugged for a week or so.

Depending upon how bad the swelling is you might have a tough time sitting up for extended periods of time.

I would say after getting all four out it is unlikely you'll get to a Friday game, but maybe a lot of T3's and friend to drag your limp body around might work for you. Good luck.
    well the more important reason that I want to go to the game is because they are handing out the first 15 cards of the Blades player cards set of this year and the Blades are playing their biggest rival. Another problem is that I may not be able to convince one of my friends to take me to the game and look after me. Pretty sad I think. The freezing is out now,and I talked to the doctor when he called me after the surgery and he said that tonight will probably be the most painful night. Right now things are pretty crappy because I must deal with this and find another job. I am sick of being unemployed.

I just had all 4 of mine removed this morning,my vain was to small in my left arm (probably do to the fact that I have Mild Cerebral Palsy and that I was born 27 weeks premature) so they poked me a second time with no problems finding the vain. I am just chilling out, taking pain killers, putting an ice pack on my face alternating sides of my face,and drinking milkshakes,probably eating soup and foods that I do not have to chew for today at least. I hope to go to the Blades VS Raiders game on friday night and play soccer on Sunday evening this is all depending on how I feel. Right now I feel pretty good but the stitches are pretty annoying but I am sure I will get over it once they dissolve. I usually have a few drinks at the hockey games but I do not think that will be happening.

The older you are, the worse the experience. Keep your tongue out of your incisions (holes) and you'll avoid a dry socket. I was in my early 20's and didn't have to get mine surgically removed, just pulled. I don't recall even having to take any T3s they prescribed. If you're a girl, you'll be able to handle the pain. If you're a boy, you'll have some difficulty. Just kidding ..I couldn't resist.

Hope you found a way to the game, I'm listening to it right now.
    Last edited by TwoBits; 11-29-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    The older you are, the worse the experience. Keep your tongue out of your incisions (holes) and you'll avoid a dry socket. I was in my early 20's and didn't have to get mine surgically removed, just pulled. I don't recall even having to take any T3s they prescribed. If you're a girl, you'll be able to handle the pain. If you're a boy, you'll have some difficulty. Just kidding ..I couldn't resist.

Hope you found a way to the game, I'm listening to it right now.
    I am 20 years old and I had mine just pulled out as well. I am taking the medication that they prescribed to me. No I did not find a way to the game because it was my mom's birthday so she was taken out for supper and I probably could have went to the game(If someone took me) I was disappointed that I did not go because the Blades won. Instead I watched the high scoring Broncos @ Hitmen game. I am attempting to eat solid foods today and so far so good.

I am 20 years old and I had mine just pulled out as well. I am taking the medication that they prescribed to me. No I did not find a way to the game because it was my mom's birthday so she was taken out for supper and I probably could have went to the game(If someone took me) I was disappointed that I did not go because the Blades won. Instead I watched the high scoring Broncos @ Hitmen game. I am attempting to eat solid foods today and so far so good.

It's too bad you couldn't go to the game. As a former Blades season ticket holder, I know what great pleasure one gets from seeing the Blades thump the Raiders. vc1tt

Things must be going well if you're considering solid food.
    For What It's Worth