Thread: You guys be the judge

Default You guys be the judge

and by judge I mean goal judge.

The first part of the clip is the original breakaway goal that was called off. The second part of the clip is the penalty shot that was originally waved off then awarded to Lazo. I can not tell if the puck was in or not on the penalty shot,however in my opinion there shouldn't have ever been a penalty shot as the original shot was clearly a goal. I'll let you guys decide this. Obviously the Americans and Chiefs fans have apposing opinions on this.

http://www.kvewtv.com/

I want to hear from nuetral unbiast fans on this one.Thanks guys!

I would say it should have been a goal on the first one.
    The reff blew the call so he made it up on the second one.
    as we can't tell if the puck did cross the line,so he said it was a goal.
    KEEPING THE FAITH
    clrkth drop the puck clrkth

Default I agree

That first one should have been counted as a goal. Even if the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in, he shouldn't have because the player that was fouled still had possession of the puck. As for the penalty shot goal? I again agree the ref knew he blew it and did a make up call. I don't think the puck crossed the line. It looked to be under his pads and most of his body was outside the line.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

It looked like the first one should have counted and I have no idea how the ref called the second one a goal.

It isn't a great view on the video but I can't see how that puck went in.

Seems like a typical terrible call all around from a WHL official.

The goal should have counted on the breakaway, and no penalty shot should have been called.

As for the penalty shot, it wasn't even close.

Default Agreed.

Agreed. The initial shot should have been a goal. The penalty shot was not close.

It's a wash, regardless.
    Redwic

Definitely not unbiased here, but I can't understand how they possibly ruled that a goal for T/C. But it's not the first time I've seen a goal awarded when video shows it didn't go in, Spokane got one against Tri-City a few years ago and there's been others as well. I have no idea why the initial goal was waved off as Spokane never had possession, but that's Pat Smith for you I guess. I cringe whenever he's the ref in a Chiefs game.

Even if Lazo hadn't been awarded a goal, I don't think it would have mattered. Tri-City completely outclassed Spokane in that game.