Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stone's cheapshot

Default Stone's cheapshot

Any word on how Carson is doing?

Stone should be suspended for that blatant attempt to injure, and if the WHL has any guts, Matsouka should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for not calling it.

There is absolutely no way a referee can stand and watch a guy take a blind side elbow and charge and call anything BUT a 5 minute major and a game. The brawl at the end is 100% on Matsouka's head, and for once, I would like to see a league stand up and state that they will not accept such incompetence from an official.

As for Stone, hopefully the Hitmen bury the Wheat Cowards early, so that someone can give him what he deserves without affecting the outcome. If the WHL doesnt have the intelligence to end the series for Stone, hopefully the Hitmen do it for them.

One thing is clear from tonight though, and that is the Hitmen are the superior team. Now they are both pissed of and still the superior team. Hopefully Stone just ended his entire team's season.

Well-- Carse was still on the bench for the rest of the game-- he went to the lockerroom after words and didn't come out when me and the girl left at around 10 PM.

I agree Stone should be suspended for that shot to the head but I bet Robison won't do it because he wouldn't want to decide the series like that. At least, that's what he'll end up saying.

It was coming to a head when it happened. You could see they were getting chippy and this was the end result.

I watched the game as I listend to the ICE game, From an unbiased opinion I would say that it was a hit from behind although he was away from the boards, It was as devastating and dirty blow, the worse I've seen in a while totaly blind sighted him and I don't know if a suspension is due for intent to injure but it was a horiblly bad hit. If I were a Hitman fan I also would want his head on a platter no need for these kinds of hits in our league. And I love a hard hitting game.

Angry What game was the ref watching?

Hard hitting hockey is great.

Cheap shoot holiganism is not. All those attempts to lure the Hitmen to take retalitory penalties by the Wheatie players was sickening to watch. Good to see the composure of the Hitmen players (whom were warned before the series to watch out for the man-disadvantage), and that they were standing up for themselves.

And how we got the extra penalties after the 'attempt to injure' hit? :burningma After that, I was expecting it to be a parade of fights for the rest of the game (like we have witnessed during the regular season).

I hope the Hitmen forward the tape of the hit to the league to review. Those I was seated with thought he 'jumped' with his elbow.

I only seen the highlight a couple times and I believe Stone should get a least a couple games for a deliberate attempt to injure. Robinson has been very up and down with his suspensions, so who knows what will happen. It shouldn't matter that it happened during the playoffs.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

A suspension is not going to happen!
    The hit was not an elbow, it was a shoulder to the head. The thing that really ticks me off is that about 3 years ago the league was going to crack down on delibrate blows to the head. They started to call the hits to the head for about 10 games into the season and then realized it was the WHL stars (Tootoo) that were the ones taking the runs at players. The league abanded the call and I haven't seen it called in a game since. WAKE UP WHL! This is the type of play that ends player's careers. That play should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct.

On the highlights it appeared to be an elbow, but that is really immaterial. It was definitely a charge, and it was blatantly a hit from behind. Even without an elbow there are two other ways it should have been called a major or match penalty.

That said, I doubt the WHL will suspend Stone either. The NHL doesnt have the balls to go after star players in anything but the most exceptional of incidents, and the WHL is even more timid.

I missed it completly since I was playing stupid baseball last night .

But, from talking to friends who were at the game, it sounded nasty! I sure hope Carson is ok! We need him and his experience on the blueline with Yacboski out. Not saying that we don't have a great group of D (can anyone say YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) but he is an anchor back there.
    DoubleDee

Exactly what i was thinking.

Its OK guys----seriously.

I'd rather have him on the ice taking his lumps. Couple big hits on him by the boys, and he will be as ineffective as he usually is on Saddledome ice.

The League won't suspend him, simply because they don't want a suspension to decide a series, and Stone being taken away from the Wheat Queens would do just that.

Blows to the head MUST be called. Argue all you weant that it wasn't an elbow. Whatever. I could care less if Stone hit him with his purse. The fact is that it was to the head.

End of story.

Just my thoughts

Taz

Quote Originally Posted by tazndevil

The League won't suspend him, simply because they don't want a suspension to decide a series, and Stone being taken away from the Wheat Queens would do just that.
    And that is the problem with hockey officiating and suspensions. By trying so hard not to influence games with their calls/non-calls, they end up ACTUALLY influencing the game.

Hockey officials just need to grow up, and call the darn penalties they see. If that means 1 Team gets 10 PP's and the other gets 1 PP, SO BE IT. The players will learn they actually have to play by the RULES if they want to win.

And actions that players take to deliberately injure players need to be delt with as seriously as jumping off the bench to get in a fight. Automatic suspension. End of Discusssion.

I can only imagine what would happen if Baseball umpires stopped calling strikes in the 9th inning because they didnt want to INFLUENCE the outcome of the game. That is what we have now in hockey.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF