Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Thread

Default Trade Deadline Thread

Probably the most important part of the regular season. What do you think the pats should do for the deadline this year? Any players you would like to see here that we cant possibly acquire?

Its pretty obvious we need a defenceman. Doesnt matter what we need to give up to fill this need, but nothing too crazy. And if Delahey is done for awhile, perhaps 2nd guy as a temporary replacement would also be convenient. Just a reliable minute eater, but we also still need that top 4 guy.

Also, like Harder has said on his blog (and like everyone has basically said before that) we should also try and fill the 20 year old spot. Not looking for the best one, but one that can give experience and take some pressure off of the top offensive players.

Any discussion at all would be nice...could post updates here too if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    Probably the most important part of the regular season. What do you think the pats should do for the deadline this year? Any players you would like to see here that we cant possibly acquire?

Its pretty obvious we need a defenceman. Doesnt matter what we need to give up to fill this need, but nothing too crazy. And if Delahey is done for awhile, perhaps 2nd guy as a temporary replacement would also be convenient. Just a reliable minute eater, but we also still need that top 4 guy.

Also, like Harder has said on his blog (and like everyone has basically said before that) we should also try and fill the 20 year old spot. Not looking for the best one, but one that can give experience and take some pressure off of the top offensive players.

Any discussion at all would be nice...could post updates here too if you want.
    When is General Manager Parker going to make those trades. I think he should have brought in a defenceman and at least two forwards, before Christmas. He knew the club would be missing top players and now with Matt Delahey out with a dislocated shoulder, it makes it even worse.

Iconwhl

Well now that Delahey is hurt & out for sometime we definately need to fill 2 spots on the back end now, plus another decent scorer

I would like to see a deal for Greg Scott out of Seattle a 20 yr old fwd who scored 38 times last season, but on a weaker Seattle team only has 10 goals 25 pts in 31 games. I think Scott could turn his numbers around on a more offensive minded team, plus a bonus to him is he is a LW he could fit in well with Eberle & Weal. More of a offensive touch then MacAngus. Could then move Strueby into the 3rd Center spot with Mitchell & Czibere (Czibere could play C & Strueby LW also) the Pats could ice 3 soild lines all with scoring ability and physical play. Could give the pats more leaway with line combo's maybe get more consistancy within our lines with a guy like Scott.

Keep in mind Parker is known to try to revitilaze a players scoring touch, look at least season bringing in Watt & Depape.

Also to fill a void on the backend Parker should take a look at PG for a guy by the name of Hobbs. I had suggested earlier in the year for this Hobbs kid and i would still like to see Hobbs in a Pats jersey. Hobbs is 6'1 205lbs from Prince Albert, playing closer to home may be beneficial to him plus his family & friends. Hobbs can play minutes and is that top 4 guy we are looking for. With Delahey hurt right now i can see Hobbs filling the void. Plus Hobbs is a right handed shot. Derkatch needs to play Scarbrough more now that he is healthy, this kid can play he went from playing 20+ mins a night in Red Deer to only playing if lucky 12 mins a night. Scarbrough can play more mins then that on a nightly basis. Once Delahey returns Hobbs along with Scarbrough would give our backend the depth we need.

Also note to Derkatch, quit being so high on this Miller kid, Sparrow & Perrault have looked alot better then Miller but yet you choose to keep Miller over those 2. You can tell Derkatch & Perkins are old forwards and cant notice the little things that Perrault & Sparrow do on the ice, that Miller does not. Being a guy who used to play defence in my hockey days i can notice that these 2 kids are far more ahead in there development then Miller is. Yet they are playing SJHL.

There is some talk that both Calgary and Tri Cities are interested in Strueby.
    Don't quote me on this one, but I think it was Toll from TC.

Quote Originally Posted by witness
    I'd do that. I looked through the rosters and Toll is probably one of the better options. As far as 19 year old defencemen go, they are hard to come by, especially available outside of the division. Id like MJ's Stanton, but again its with MJ so it probably wont happen. The teams in the central have their cupboards bare(like LET,EDM, and RD), or have their defence set with 20 year olds/ players ready for pro like the other three

In the west, Ehrhardt would be too pricey, and alot of the top guys are already on contending teams. Toll fits the bill, and Strueby has regressed a bit lately. Perhaps a little more than Toll would be ideal, but he is probably perfect.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by witness

This doesnt make no sense from a Tri-City stand point.... they are sitting in 1st place in the US division why would they trade away a 19 yr old Dman when there so hard to come by with experience, plus he is a right handed shot (which is even harder to find 19yr old Dman with right handed shot) this trade doesnt make any sense from Tri-Cities view.

Im thinking if they want to add a player like Strueby it will be for a young guy, a guy who doesnt really effect there roster. Dont get me wrong if it was for Toll id be fine with it, but i really dont see it happening unless Tri-City adds another Dman 1st.

Parker doesnt know if he is going to be a buyer or a seller... but we all know this team is bad without Eberle, Teubert & Cerveny. You add these players along with Weal back into the line-up and again we are a contender in our division, just have fallen too far behind Saskatoon to caught them with how they have been playing all season.

Default Don't think they should be sellers.

Not at all that would be stupid. We have 5 of our top 9 point getters out right now. Eberle, Weal, Cerveny, Teubert and Delahey. Hard to win games with your 2 best D men and your top 2 F's out. Have good goaltending and if they can get another steady 19 year old D man and a offensive 20 year old this team can beat anyone in the East.
    We may all have different opinions but one thing brings us all here...HOCKEY RULES!

MacAngus and a draft pick for Robertson.
    Robertson could put up some terrific numbers with Weal and Eberle. But, I am still reeling from the Depape trade last year. I am optimitic that this will help the goal scoring.

MacAngus is a good team guy. Always stood up for the younger players. Some offensive talent, good in his own zone. Good luck in PA, Michael.

I like the trade. I think it was what both players needed.... A fresh start.

Roddy reports that Cody Hanson has been reassigned to Melville. http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/2009...eassigned.html

Awwww....that's too bad. He has been playing fairly well. Definitely one of the Pats that always works hard. Just not skilled enough is my guess for the demotion. Especially with Breitkruz looking very good upon his return to the Pats. That's my guess for Hanson being sent down. Or maybe it was because of his performance in his fight with Cowan

As for today's trade...

I could see Robertson replacing MacAngus on the top line. The top line won't be as tough now, but possibly a missing ingredient in a top offensive line. Playing with Weal and Eberle could get him his spark back. My guess is we will see him on the starting line up come Friday.

SAJ mentioned on the white board that this seemed a lot like the DePape trade last year.

I also thought this seemed a lot like the DePape trade last season, but DePape, if I'm not mistaken, was getting a lot of his points in PA from standing in front of the net and picking up the garbage, a role he didn't really play with the Pats. Robertson I'm sure is a lot more offensively skilled than DePape ever was.

Curious to see what other moves Parker makes.