Thread: Trade Deadline

Default Trade Deadline

Will Kelly Kisio make any changes come the trade deadline??
    He always does something,this year probably something minor,
    maybe another forward that can score??

I mentioned it in a couple of the game threads but I really think Ryan Fox could be used as trade bait. I would think that Kisio is looking at Broda.

Icon32

It would be a minor trade adding depth more than anything else. Like the above post said maybe Fox going out for an 18 d-man or a 19 like Frere. Also maybe another 19 goalie to be #3. These trades are only in case of injuries as it appears we could be playing for a couple of extra months. Do we really need to give up a top player for more offense? and we have a solid 5 on the blueline with 2 good rookies. And we don't want to mess with the team chemistry. This might be a year with no trades. We have a solid base to contend next year along withg this year so maybe the best trade is thge one you don't make!

Quote Originally Posted by peatfan
    18 d-man or a 19 like Frere.
    Frere is an '88, which would make him 20.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    Frere is an '88, which would make him 20.
    I think he meant Frere like player.

That's exactly what I meant a "Frere type player" Kisio is good at picking up seldom used or not as well known players and then that player develops into a star (ie Postma, Pogge, Yeoooooooooooooooo). Not sure what the newest player brings but losing Fox was no surprise. He did improve from last year but was stuck in #5 line and next year would still be behind Kozun & Schultz, stuck on the 3rd or even 4th line. Good luck in Kootenay Ryan.