Vause-Peddle-Wagner
    Grantham-Dalecky-Magnus/St.Denis

Doyle-Acolatse
    Claffey-Hewett
    Rogers-Martin
    Evans

If we are sellers.
    Trade Dans to Saskatoon for Brent Benson
    Trade Doyle to a contender (bidding war) could get lots for him.
    Sign Habs as GM and coach.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

I know i am in the minority this year, but i really don't think we should do much. If anything we should be adding a quality 18 yr old defenseman, dealing some 19 yr olds away, and strengthen the future.

As a 20, a whiner and a injury prone player, you'll be lucky to get a 8th round bantam pick for Dudas.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
    As a 20, a whiner and a injury prone player, you'll be lucky to get a 8th round bantam pick for Dudas.
    You would think that, but its going to depend on how many teams want to get him. Considering how good of a player he is, issues aside, it is likely going to require more than a low pick.

..maybe a mid rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncs in RD
    If we are buyers this year.
    Get Bernhardt from PA-adds goal scoring, speed
    Get Grantham from MJ-adds toughness
    Trade Dudas to Kelowna for St. Denis and a pick
    Trade 20 y/o dman and 18 y/o forward to Chilliwack for Howse
    Then Trade our pick from Kelowna and 19 y/o dman to Seattle for Acolatse
    This is my perfect world.

Dans-Tassone-Dowling
    Bernhardt-Eakin-Howse
    Vause-Peddle-Wagner
    Grantham-Dalecky-Magnus/St.Denis

Doyle-Acolatse
    Claffey-Hewett
    Rogers-Martin
    Evans

If we are sellers.
    Trade Dans to Saskatoon for Brent Benson
    Trade Doyle to a contender (bidding war) could get lots for him.
    Sign Habs as GM and coach.
    As ideal as this might be from a Broncos POV, I dont see any of the GMs in the league accepting any of these proposals.

And though you could get alot for Doyle, it wouldnt be smart to trade him considering the lack of offensive depth on the blueline, and the fact that he would be back next year.

I think we need a guy like Dana Tyrell or Jamie Benn, a offensive player that can hit and grind just like Weise used to do, we need a guy that can get in front of the net and create havoc, just a side note, did anyone else realize how Brandon played a 1-3-1 PP last night as Team Canada did, it seems to be pretty affective.
    A SEASON OF CHANGE

I like the last line of Broncs post and what Toswammi said.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi
    I know i am in the minority this year, but i really don't think we should do much. If anything we should be adding a quality 18 yr old defenseman, dealing some 19 yr olds away, and strengthen the future.
    Not at all i agree with this 100% we know they broncos don't have a realistic chance at making it real far in the playoffs so why not trade off one of the tendy's preferably yonks... and one of our veteran d-man.. molle or macavoy... could we get anything for macavoy? im thinking not likely

Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf
    I think we need a guy like Dana Tyrell or Jamie Benn, a offensive player that can hit and grind just like Weise used to do, we need a guy that can get in front of the net and create havoc, just a side note, did anyone else realize how Brandon played a 1-3-1 PP last night as Team Canada did, it seems to be pretty affective.
    I can't see kelowna parting with Benn Seeing as kelowna will be making a run for the cup themselves and i think the cost of either one of these players would be wayyyy to steep

If we don't have a chance I say trade our assets which are prob 2-3 of our 19's, plus 2 20's.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Default Deadline Talk

Keen's Korner

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

With the trade deadline approaching one has to ask where the Broncos fit into the Eastern Conference playoff picture.

With Calgary looking solid as a rock on top, Brandon and Saskatoon are trying to create a two-horse race for the east division lead, and Lethbridge loading up for a playoff run, what's the right course of action for the Broncos?

Right now the Broncos have proven they are at least in the 2nd flight along with Medicine Hat, Kootenay and Regina. Don't count out teams like Prince Albert and Edmonton jumping into the flight as well with their play of late.

What would the Broncos need to be able to compete at the top? I asked Broncos Head Coach/GM Dean Chynoweth last night what he would like to add (at the right price) to the team before Saturday's trade deadline:

"If we could get another top six forward it would give us some depth up-front. I would also be open to seeing what else is out there on the back-end to maybe acquire another defenseman.

Past that, I think our group has had a good stretch where our young guys played good early in the season and I'm not real crazy in dismantling that.

We will keep our ears open and see what may come about."

I agree with Dean's assessment of what is needed. Goaltending is strong, defense is almost there but could use another battle proven veteran and the team is pretty young up-front after the Tassone/Dowling/Dansereau top unit.

On the flip side I asked Brandon Wheat Kings Head Coach/GM his deadline plans. I asked if they would look to upgrade their goaltending and add a proven playoff 'tender. His response was typical Kelly:

"I'm not privy to your sources so I don't know where you're coming from with your goaltending but you've surprised me before Jon.

I don't see us doing a lot really. We are encouraged with our play as of late and we're working real hard to try and finish as high in the conference as we can.

Recognize there are a lot of strong teams aside from the obvious which on our side is Calgary. At some point you have to go through Calgary at some point and with the Memorial Cup a year from now, we also have to be mindful of that and it ties our hands."

What will today bring? Stay tuned.

----------------------

Jon
    www.jonkeen.blogspot.com

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED