Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toulmin

Another 18 y/o very good forward and a 19 y/o want out as well.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

I personally think that there have been situations where the coach gets blamed for poor play and it isn't fair!I've also seen on teams where the coach has been let go and players have responded!Either way here in Swift something is wrong!Maybe one person as coach and one person as gm isn't such a bad idea!Kind of funny when you think that Arling left as president the assistant gm leaves the team ,Dudas won't report,Ius leaves and Toulmin asks to be traded,makes you start to wonder!What 18 y/o and other 19/yo wants out?

You may see which ones at the deadline. Some fans wanted the 18 y/o out at the begining of the year.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Well if we get rid of the guys who want out and that includes the two players whom you will not say names then it looks as though Swift will be very busy before the deadline!Could you give a guy a little hint?I hope for the everyones sake what ever the issue is it gets solved before we can't get any players to come here to play!

very good 18 year old forward...Wudrick perhaps (there is also Dowling, Brown, and Dalecky as 18 year olf forwards)? 19 year old...could be any one of Tassone, Doyle, Claffey, Molle or Guggenburger (those are our 19 year olds besides Toulmin).

What it comes down to is that these are 16-20 year old kids who look up to there coach for leadership/ role models, when they are getting reemed out all the time they lose confidence and the will to play the game they love. Why because it isn't fun no more. When more than 1-2 players want out there are major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncs in RD
    What it comes down to is that these are 16-20 year old kids who look up to there coach for leadership/ role models, when they are getting reemed out all the time they lose confidence and the will to play the game they love. Why because it isn't fun no more. When more than 1-2 players want out there are major issues.
    I agree i believe a change is needed ...and i agree with the one coach one gm idea... but can swifty afford it??

Well if who you are thinking of is the same one I am it would definatley suck!!!!! There are obviously going to be different opinions of who should stay and who should go but holly crap with this, it looks like a mass revolt and the flood gates are going to open!Not saying the guy is right but every time a kid in Regina requested a trade they sat for a while or was left to rot!Example: Dustin Slade and Ryan Niezner!Now supposedly there issues were with Parker himself!With us we have 5 players this year saying I want out!Last year there was Brady Leovold that didn't want to be here!So is this become a situation where the guys just don't buy into Dean anymore?Or are they made to not feel welcome in Swift!I know Brady had a emotional goodbye with his billets and for a while kept calling them!Toulmin had a similar farewell to my knowledge so maybe we are looking at an internal issue within the Broncos organization!Just my opinion!

I agree with your opinion

The players all love Swift Current. They love the passion of the fans, the billets and such. They just do not want to play for a certain someone behind the bench. We certainly do not see Dean yelling at the players from the bench but talk to some former players and they will tell you just what I posted earlier. They need guidance, maybe some positive reinforcement from time to time. All they hear is negative from the Head Coach and no teaching ever. Go watch some of the practices and its evident. Clear as day. I also agree he needs to stop rewarding mediocrity. If a player is playing brutal bench him not give him more and more ice time. If you play piss poor and are not told right away that you had a bad shift and you get more ice time as a result, you have no idea what to improve on. Thats my point. There is no teaching involved here just look at the systems we have in place. I have seen better systems in AAA Midget. I am getting rialed up again so I better stop.

To the players if you read this...You are part of the community once you done the jersey and us the fans will still support you and love you no matter what.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE