Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toulmin

So has this become a situation where a GM should stay upstairs and leave the coaching to a coach?To my understanding Dean's biggest supporter was Mr. Arling, so does the new president have the stones to ask the players and their families what they think?If so would our board tell Dean to stay as just the GM or even your time has come to leave?I'm a stong believer in your only as good as you are coached or motivated with heart!I now understand what Dale Wiess ment when I talked to him this summer "I love Swift Current but I really don't want to be back here playing!"So how does one man stand by and justify the response he is getting from his players?When your soldiers don't believe you,trust you or care about you, you will be the only one in the battle!A NO WIN SITUATION!!!!!

Well, from what I've heard and understand, people will get half of what they wish at the end of the season.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

ointhecreek you have put it the best way possible-----
    "I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!"
    So what ever happens come the 10th of January I will still be at the games cheering on the Broncos weather we sell the farm or just make minor changes to nothing at all!These young men need our support and to let then know that we appreciate the show they put on!Even if certain players cause us to shake our heads at times, they are still just playing a game!I hope that this will all be taken care of and the city of Swift Current and the Brocos are a place where all players want to be!

Default .........

Just a couple statements to add to all of this....

I think this entire thread should perhaps be titled "Fire the Coach" or "Coach Bashing," and not "Toulmin."

Every member of this website has seen this movie many times before.

Keep it coming...the idiotic reasoning and continued false information evident throughout some of the posts is quite entertaining.

I love to read all of it...it IS a discussion forum and I guess everyone's opinion should be respected.

GO BRONCOS!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

who are you to say idiotic reasoning? I'd say that we all agree that change of some sort is needed and when nothing besides a few players refusing to report and Moberg being done come February, is our team any better or simply just some inpatient fans waiting for some much needed change of some sort regardless if it's management or players...like you said, we are ALL entitled to our opinion.

Once again Big Ern shows how much he enjoys an average to below average team year after year. If you cant see there is a problem when this many players bail then you need to put down your glass of Dean kool aid and re-evaluate your perspective. Its reality dude whether you like it or not.

Big Ern I'm a little suprized by your responce!Yes it went from giving information that was heard to a bit of questioning the one behind the bench but the question also asked was why do we have players that do not want to be here now?Weather opinions are agreed with or not there is no reason to be calling peoples thoughts idiotic reasoning and faulse information!I guess that you precieve that you are the one person that knows everything about everything!I commend you on your dedication to the team with your continued support game after game weather in Swift or the numerous other WHL cities you have gone to, but the fact still remains you are going to get the information that is given to you from the sources you have, lord knows you may not be getting the complete story as I may not have recieved the complete story!But we shall continue to regurgetate the information that we all recieve and continue to voice our opinions on a public forum in order to feel that we have been heard!I may not always agree with your game recaps and I ask was he watching the same game as me but once again you see and hear what you do and I shall do the same!So keep up the good work I applaude you for what you do but remember we all see and hear things differently!

Whatever the decision on the coach, I don't think the organization can afford to do anything till the end of the year, it's the financial facts. Something does have to give though. The thing that frustrates me the most is the inconsistency, whether it's not a 60 minute effort or from game to game. Whether it's leadership behind the bench or on the ice or a combination of both that's responsible for this, I don't know. However, as said by others, I to will continue going to the rink and supporting the boys as much as possible.
    I says pardon?

I don't do this often but I agree with Ern on this one. It happens every year at this time. A lot of calls to fire the coach, players leaving for being yelled at, Board of governors keeping Habby away, etc, etc. Toulmin leaving comes as no surprise, he wasn't getting his way. Dean gave him another opportunity to prove he belonged here and it wasn't working out. Dudas, well got some bad advice or whatever his reasons is wrong and now he sits. Some players just need a change in scenery. Ius was a mistake on Deans part thinking he might still want to play but the kid is no where near a 2nd or 3rd line player that he thinks of himself. Its only a couple guys people, settle down. Way to many unfounded accusations flying around. Yes, I use to be a big Dean supporter but am starting to have my doubts, but only in some of the things he is implementing into the system and don't believe Tim is head coach material yet. There is only one person I would like to see behind the bench and not sure he isn't wanting to much or will be available. vc178

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Two words Marc Habshied. applause applause applause