Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Toulmin

Good post. Can't argue with any of it. applause applause applause

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

I will be at the game in Regina as well. Good friend of mine won tickets to the game via Limo ride to and from Swift Current and tickets for the Molson suite. We will be LOUND and DAMN PROUD I can tell you that.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

Default Clarification....

Quote Originally Posted by scbfan
    So has this become a situation where a GM should stay upstairs and leave the coaching to a coach?To my understanding Dean's biggest supporter was Mr. Arling, so does the new president have the stones to ask the players and their families what they think?If so would our board tell Dean to stay as just the GM or even your time has come to leave?I'm a stong believer in your only as good as you are coached or motivated with heart!I now understand what Dale Wiess ment when I talked to him this summer "I love Swift Current but I really don't want to be back here playing!"So how does one man stand by and justify the response he is getting from his players?When your soldiers don't believe you,trust you or care about you, you will be the only one in the battle!A NO WIN SITUATION!!!!!

Being a close friend of the former Bronco player mentioned in this post, Dale Weise, I felt the need to clarify something here.

During a convo today, Dale mentioned to me that he keeps a very close eye on the team here in Swift Current, and even reads the discussion forum the odd time.

"That quote was taken out of context," Weise said. "I simply meant that I'd rather move on with my career and play pro, something every player wants to do. In no way was I saying I don't agree with Deano or the coaches because I give all the credit in the world to him and that organization for making me the player that I am."

Weise added that he still keeps in pretty close contact with his former coach Dean Chynoweth via telephone.
    Last edited by Big Ern; 01-11-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Ya, I have to go with big ern again. Dale loved Swift AND he loved the Broncos and being a Bronco. He just, like all players, wanted to further his hockey career. I think someone is trying to stir up things.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Very well written five for fighting. A must read for all fans. And Big Ern? Thanks for clarifying what Dale had to say about him being taken out of context. I know quite a few players who went on in their hockey careers who still follow their team in junior and their way of staying up on whats happening with their former team is through the phone, papers and legit hockey forums. Even when they played here they read our forum and still do.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

I in no way want to stir up anything!I'm glad Big Ern clarified the comment that was taken out of context.It is something that can happen when situations happen that are fully not understood and one starts craving answers!So I will apologize for taking the statement out of context, no harm was ment to any individual or group.I ,like everyone here has personal opinions in regaurds to the teams that we cheer for and weather we like it or not an open forum is here so we all can voice those opinions.I have no problem with somebody letting me know there opinion and I will do the same and if a situation arises that an individual can shed light or even correct some information then by all means do as long as we do it in a constructive non insulting way!I personally may not like the deals that happened but that is my opinion!Will I keep going to the games and cheering the Broncos on ?You bet!So to everyone have a great day and GO BRONCOS GO!
    Last edited by scbfan; 01-12-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Iconwhl

Just alittle note from a Pats fan here.....

The Pats had this same problem a few years ago, when our coach was Bob Lowes. Players stopped responding to him and eventually wanted out. As of the last little while tho Parker hasnt been so nice to players who dont want to play here now.... He will sit them out (like he did to Slade) Parker used to cater to these kids but not so much anymore....

Alot of times it does have to do with the coach. Remember these are kids, remember when u were a kid and how we used to rebell towards demands from someone when we didnt respect them.

Not sure if you have ever noticed on the Pats bench this season but Derkatch is always yelling at the players, for mistakes on the ice.... The little simple plays that are done wrong i sit on the other side of the rink high up & i can hear him yelling at times lol... but the thing is with Derkatch he teachs all game, i have been to many of his practices & he is a very intense coach.. He will compete in the drills alot of times and not jsut coast thru the drills with the players, he & Perkins do them at top speed (for there age with there ksill level) to show the players. Something that never happened when Hunt was the coach.

Alot of players may find it harping on them and yelling as a disrespect to themselves, but these coaches want the best from them each & every shift. Look at McCrimmon in Brandon he is prob the most vocal coach in the league at his bench and look at how good they are each & every season.

Im not saying the Bronco players have stopped responding to Dean, by the looks of it, it may just be a few players. Really though you filter out those guys and keep the rotin eggs away from the core of the team & you will be fine... The Broncos still have a very fast, skilled team. Dont hit the panic button Bronco fans, Dean is doing something right there.