Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Race for a playoff spot.

Talent was never the issue with this team, which is why we were hyped up to be as good as we were earlier in the season. I still think that with the roster we have that this team should be capable of doing serious damage, but here we are sitting on the brink of elimination. That result might be what we need though to really take this re-evaluation more seriously. Everyone has some sort of answer as to what the dealio is with the team. I honestly dont know what it is, but whatever it is, there is something up. Whether its motivation, or coaching, or systems, or something deeper...who knows...

And to be fair, yes, I like Brandon games too. The pats always bring their A game against the wheaties(especially Rowat) and there is some semblance of a rivalry there as well because you can always count on the WKs to be a threat. Being honest, I dont like the wheaties...but I guess thats a good thing. Only adds to the game's highs, also to the lows. The highs cant be as high as they are without the lows perfectly mirroring the highs. Just the way it works.

Pretty much every time except for this current undignified plunge(obvious reasons) from January until now Ive been thankful that everyone kind of hates the pats, because of those same reasons. 3 more games for them to exercise that hate, because really, these next games are pretty much our playoffs. I hope they treat them like it.

Us WK fans disliking the Pats is kind of a backhanded compliment, means your team has competed hard and beaten us enough times that it ticks us off!! Nothin like a high energy game to sell tickets, so long may the rivallry live!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

I personally believe the Regina Pats #1 rivial is the Brandon Wheat Kings followed by Saskatoon Blades...

Yes some can be said with meeting the Broncos the last 2 season in the playoffs, but there is virtually no hitting between the Pats & Bronco's there is really no hate between the players. Prob has alot to do with the soft game the Broncos play but yet a very highly skilled game.

Dont even start with the so called best rivialry in junior hockey being between Regina & Moose Jaw... that has been dead for years now. But each & everytime we match up against each other the paper and both radio shows try and sell this rivialry still... face it its dead there is no hate for each other anymore. Warriors vs Pats games have been boring as hell the past 4 or 5 yrs.. Too many 1 sided games (in favour of both teams) rivialries arnt to be 1 sided games especially with how many between these 2 teams the past 4 or 5 yrs.

As much as i hate the Wheat Kings i tip my hat to them as season after season they are the most competitive team in our division. Mac is truely 1 of the best coachs ever to stand behind a bench in the WHL. Look at his track record winning seasons after winning seasons, he gets the most out of his players each year. Is he the all time leader yet in Wheat Kings wins for a coach?? If he isnt he must be very close!

Maybe 1 year Parker will fork up the cash to bring in a truely elite coach to stand behind his bench... Oh wait he had a chance this year with Habscheid and choose to take a migdet coach instead applause

I really hope after we are eliminated from the playoffs tonight (wednesday) that Parker really sits down and starts his evaluation on where his franchise is with the coach... Derkatch is not ready to be a Head Coach in this league should of been a assistant for 2 or 3 years 1st. But hey what do i know, even though its easy to tell that the players have lost the respect for him. Watch him during a game throwing his hands up in disgust with even the smallest of a play. That might of worked in midget Mr. Derkatch but not here where these players keep in contact with there Agents & ultimately the players can control if you keep your job or not.... Its easier to get rid of a coach then trade the core of your team away.

one team that would be a good rival would be Kamloops. We only play them once a year but have had lots rough stuff every time. Remember the brawl that Kalus started? and then the game this season had the big hit on Scarborough that got us going.

I would love to see them more than once this year, but its "too much money" for that to happen.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    Remember the brawl that Kalus started?

Ya that was the brawl that Delronde hit Kalus into our bench when our gate was open.

Reekie s Dubnyk was a pretty good tilt considering the height difference