Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Race for a playoff spot.

Fire the coach! Fire the coach! It's echoing from one end of the province to the other, lol!

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

an outsiders view based on reading fan comments, press, and the blog world.

too many passengers, not enough guys who want to do hard work and pay the price for success.

excluding eberle who has had a history with dd, i'm wondering if too many of the players see dd as just a glorified midget coach, and are tuning him out?

poor starts and inconsistency over 60 minutes. and this has been going on before the christmas/world tourneys disruption.

too many egos who think they can just show up and talent alone will carry the day.

death by a million little cuts. one night it's one part of the pats game that springs a leak, the next night it's another. the teams confidence is so poor right now that any little adversity sets them on their rears.

goals for is a respectable 174. the goals against, 190, is one of the worst in the eastern conference.

the good news for pats fans is the team is only 5 points out of 5th place with 20 games left. if the team can meet the urgency and play to the level of talent on the team they will make the playoffs.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango
    goals for is a respectable 174. the goals against, 190, is one of the worst in the eastern conference.

I knew this was going to happen when we hired Derkatch, he is a all out offence coach, yes our D was very young for a time being but that has no effect on our total goals given up.... at the begining of the year we had our 3 vetern D (Bartley, Teubert & Delahey) but after those 3 guys our D got thin very fast.... we still got 3 veterns right now (Bartley, Teubert & Dudas) and the D is still very thin after that. Once Delehay gets back (which is our next home game which was announced duing the 2nd period intermission at our last home game) we will have 4 solid Dmen and this shold help our goal against as our young D will virtually see no ice.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    I knew this was going to happen when we hired Derkatch, he is a all out offence coach, yes our D was very young for a time being but that has no effect on our total goals given up.... at the begining of the year we had our 3 vetern D (Bartley, Teubert & Delahey) but after those 3 guys our D got thin very fast.... we still got 3 veterns right now (Bartley, Teubert & Dudas) and the D is still very thin after that. Once Delehay gets back (which is our next home game which was announced duing the 2nd period intermission at our last home game) we will have 4 solid Dmen and this shold help our goal against as our young D will virtually see no ice.
    The reason our GAA is so bad isnt all because of our young D, its our systems. Derkatch doesnt emphasize defence, at least not at the same level as 'offensive creativity'. We dont block shots like we used to last year, and it seems like we are always going for the short handed goal, rather than just killing the penalty or getting it out. Pure offensive mentality without pure offensive players (in general). Derkatch's philosophy with hunt's players.

Granted, a big reason was also that Pym and Miller were playing over their heads. Miller gets a break, and Pym sees 3rd pairing ice rather than 20 minute game which he isnt ready for yet.

And for the record,even though Robertson has been good offensively for us, he is completely non existant defensively at times. The only reason hes on the PK is to offer the chance for a Short handed goal...but thats derkatch's team for you...

Default Get a D Coach

vci33 Like I've said before let Derkatch coach the forwards and stop giving some d-men the ok to pinch (Pym...needs needs to learn to know when to and when not to pinch)...get a coach that knows defence...give DD a chance to teach his offence knowledge.

Why is it that not one team can ever do the pats a favor and beat these teams in the race for a playoff spot? Of course SC and Pa both get a point AGAIN, with PA getting the 2nd point to tie with us in the standings, and Lethbridge also got a point tonight too. ****ing Calgary couldnt finish the job. Brandon lost to Kootenay too. These teams are all useless, but I guess we shouldnt expect help.

Anyways, here are the standings as of now in the playoff race, and remaining schedule.

5. SCB - 53G - 58PTS
    6. Koot - 52G - 57PTS
    7. Leth - 53G - 55PTS
    8. Pats - 53G - 52PTS
    9. PAR - 55G - 52PTS
    10.EDM - 54G - 50PTS

You will notice the Pats are dropping a bit, but if they can perform well for the remainder of the trip, it will be a huge confidence booster, and the trip will look like more of a success. Next game is massive, as it sets the tone for the rest of the race. If we win the next few, we will be back into it, and playing well only to have Delahey return will only spark us more.

2009-01-31 Regina at Edmonton 7:00 pm MST
    2009-02-03 Regina at Saskatoon 7:05 pm CST
    2009-02-06 Edmonton at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-07 Prince Albert at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-11 Swift Current at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-13 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-14 Calgary at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-20 Moose Jaw at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-22 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
    2009-02-24 Regina at Swift Current 7:30 pm CST
    2009-02-25 Regina at Calgary 7:00 pm MST
    2009-02-27 Regina at Kootenay 7:00 pm MST
    2009-03-01 Lethbridge at Regina 6:00 pm CST
    2009-03-06 Medicine Hat at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-03-07 Brandon at Regina 7:00 pm CST
    2009-03-08 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm MDT
    2009-03-11 Regina at Prince Albert 7:30 pm MDT
    2009-03-13 Regina at Swift Current 7:30 pm MDT

We finished the job. nobody gets help from anybody.

Default Nice to see Moose Jaw on the sched..

4 more times...can't lose one game to them if they want a playoff spot.
    We may all have different opinions but one thing brings us all here...HOCKEY RULES!

tonight game is very important. I hope we come in PISSED OFF, but also organized. I like our physical game, but we have enough goals scored against us when we arent taknig ourselves out of position for a big hit. We need to take the puck to the net, go for simple plays and dirty goals, lots of rebounds, and shoot almost every chance you get.

Saskatoon lost their last game too, so I think they might also be looking to bounce back. But that shouldnt matter. We need to shake off this under achieving reputation and take it to them tonight. Play OUR game, not theirs.

I wish i could go to the game but I will probably stay home and listen to rod instead. Hoping to see then bounce back tonight and if they can do it against saskatoon, they shouldnt have a problem with teams like Edmonton, PA, or even Kootenay.

Default I am going up for the game..

Hope the Pats don't get blown out
    We may all have different opinions but one thing brings us all here...HOCKEY RULES!