Thread: (((((HELLO)))))

Default (((((HELLO)))))

Any Cougar fans still visiting?

Has anybody heard how Dana is doing?
    For What It's Worth

Been checking in every once in a while. Not much happening in Cougarville right now. Games are depressing to go to. Attendance is at the lowest ever. I've seen livelier crowds at a funeral. Rumors of relocation are getting stronger. Not sure what to believe. No sign of the team interested in getting the fans back. Front office moves need to be made and I don't see that happening at all.

No news on Dana. Nothing about his recovery from the team since before Christmas.

what do you think it will be like if/when the cougs make playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by tommanaz
    Hard to say. A LOT of people have a hate for the Brodsky's and its really starting to show attendance wise. When the Cougs had that good run a few years back I remember lining up at 4am to wait for playoff tickets. I think if they sneak into the post season they will play the Giants and that will keep some people away too.

To me the whole Cougar situation is like this. You go to a restaurant. The food is crap. You change the type of food (trading and acquiring players), you fire the waiters and waitresses (the coaching staff) and nothing changes. The food is still crap. At this point you would say fire the chef (management) but the chef is related to the owner and the owner thinks the chef is doing a good job even though the restaurant is less than 1/4 full every night. People like the restaurant and want to support it but how many people will go back to a crappy meal time and time again when all it will take to get people back is getting a new chef.

Moose....I luv that analogy. Hope things get better for you guys soon.

Default Cougars @ Med Hat

Quote Originally Posted by tommanaz
    I attended the Cougars game in Med Hat last Saturday night and although they lost 5 -2 to the Tigers I thought they played a pretty competitive game that night. Aside from some defensive giveaways in the second period, that cost them a 3 goal period, and a ton of missed opportunities in the third period there wasn't a huge difference in overall play.

I don't think there is much question that they'll make the playoffs and you know what they say; the playoffs are a whole new season (and maybe Dana makes an early return ...)

Hey Flying Moose, I liked the analogy too. Only, I think everybody is getting food poisoning in PG. Do you watch "Kitchen Nightmares"?

A person can't help but think they are intentionally trying to drive the team into the ground so they can move. The strange thing is, the rumor mill was saying the new desired location would be Victoria. Isn't that where this team came from to begin with? And it was a supposed logistical nightmare?

I wish Vancouver would get a bye (sp?) in the first round, the Cougars might have a chance against another team. PG did take out the #1 Tips a few years back and that was not expected. Never say die
    For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Hey Flying Moose, I liked the analogy too. Only, I think everybody is getting food poisoning in PG. Do you watch "Kitchen Nightmares"?

A person can't help but think they are intentionally trying to drive the team into the ground so they can move. The strange thing is, the rumor mill was saying the new desired location would be Victoria. Isn't that where this team came from to begin with? And it was a supposed logistical nightmare?

I wish Vancouver would get a bye (sp?) in the first round, the Cougars might have a chance against another team. PG did take out the #1 Tips a few years back and that was not expected. Never say die
    Yeah, I watch Kitchen Nightmares. I've also worked in restaurants in the past and needless to say I don't eat out very much.

Brodsky has stated in the local paper that the team will be here in '09-'10. After that is a crapshoot and all the rumours I have heard have been saying Bellingham as a new location so he can have both teams south of the border. His other team is in Kansas I believe and I think he lives in Texas.