Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Overpriced?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypsycho
    Lethbridge has free parking, and cheaper tickets and a lot more talent . . . for now)
    I live in the 'Bridge and if they made us pay for parking....you would see a drastic drop in attendance, a lot of the season ticket holders are seniors and they wouldn't stand for that. As well, a lot of the walk up traffic is students and they wont pay extra either nor should anyone else be expexted to. Say even @5/ game thats another $180 per season, they would be much further ahead to raise the concession prices again.
    I guess this depends on the lease agreements and who gets what share of what. If the city wants parking revenue could they just ad a parking lot fee even if teh team is against it? Even so, in Edmonton if the city gets parking revenues, they oilers could still set reasonable pricesw for their tickets, $22 is too much for a youth ticket.

I said it when Edmonton got there 2nd Franchise...the Oil Kings, that if they didn't change their way of thinking they would end up like the ICE.....and move away. I have been to three Oil King games, I have been to pretty much every WHL rink and there isn't a bigger rip off then the Oil Kings. I spent more money at the Oil King game than I did at the Oilers game...figure that our. Beer is expensive, Parking is ridiculous and the price of a ticket....WOW. This is suppose to be a league where families, young kids can afford to go to a game, but in Edmonton they are screwing themselves ONCE AGAIN. BYE BYE KINGS.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Parking is free so you cant really ***** about that. Ticket prices are a bit high but what is really crazy is the price of the concessions. $7 for a can of beer and $4.50 for a pop is ridiculous I think. thats where they are really hosing ppl.
    I'm not sure if thats the Oilers setting these prices or Northlands. Either way charging the same for food and drinks at a WHL game as they do for the Oilers is nuts!
    Hopefully they will make some changes for next year as the team is getting better by the game and looks like we will be playoff bound!

Default Parking?

Not sure where you're parking, but parking at Northlands is $12, not free. If you are a founders club member parking passes come with your tickets, but otherwise i believe you have to pay.

Parking is free as long as you pre-purchase your game ticket. They included parking with your ticket a month or two ago.

Didn't know that, great! At least they're making changes to encourage people to attend. Next step would be to do something about youth prices for next year.

I agree, a lower price for kids and lower prices for food and drink and they will get more ppl in the stands.