Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who needs goalies in 2009-10?

Default Who needs goalies in 2009-10?

The Bruins are going to have to move at least 1 goalie next season...to make room for the heir apparent in Holowenko.

Both Friesen and Gore have stood on their heads this season. I think with Gore being ranked #1 with shots against per 60 minutes and Friesen # in that same category...and Friesen ranked #12 and Gore ranked #15 in SV% holds alot of validity that these 2 are good. Very good in fact...on a bad team. And both are 90's. The other available would be Luke Siemens, who's a '92

Now what the Bruins need most is Forwards with some offensive ability. Both Friesen and Gore should attract pretty much the same value...maybe Friesen edges out a little because of his added experience at this level.

I know ther were a tonne of goalies moved during this season...so obviously people were re-evaluating their options...so who is still looking?? Who would have talented forwards to trade? Will Vancouver get Sexy back?? Wil they need someone else besides Tucker?? I know the Giants and Bruins have a hate on...but lets be realistic...where there is a home for one of our goalies...it must be exercised.

Iconwhl Who needs goalies in 2009-10?

I'm pretty sure the Tigers will be looking for a 'tender to work with Tyler Bunz next season, as I am pretty sure the team won't bring Ryan Holfeld back. And if you've been reading the Tigers' fan's posts, most fans DO NOT want him back next season.

Brandon would probably upgrade with Friesen or Gore.

With either team...who would you see them moving for either Friesen or Gore?

Iconwhl Who needs goalies in 2009-10?

For the Tigers, I'm not sure who we'd give up for one of those 2. I'll predict that it'll depend on who is on the lists for next season........

Tri City may make a move for a goaltender. I'm not comfortable with Owsley or Martinyuk in net next year. I wouldn't mind getting Friesen from Chiliwack for an established 18yr old forward. I don't know if the two teams will deal with eachother or not. may still be a little bad blood between Tory and Porter.

guess it might still depend if Porter is wearing the GM cap...or if he found someone else for the job..

One thing I've learned...business is business...personal is personal. Sometimes you got to suck it up for the team...

We will definitely need a goaltender next season, all due respect to our current cast. Priestner is our goaltender after next season, after the Memorial Cup. But, we need to bring in an experienced goaltender next season

All-Time Favorite.

after the game tonight in tri-cites good luck trading either of those two goalies. gore gave up 5 on 18 shots and friesen 3 on 20. not too impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by amsfan05
    after the game tonight in tri-cites good luck trading either of those two goalies. gore gave up 5 on 18 shots and friesen 3 on 20. not too impressive.
    Friessen is better than he showed tonight. Even though he gave up TWO goals, he also made some spectacular saves. I'd take Friessen over Owsley or Martynuk.