Thread: new goalie?

Default new goalie?

saw this on the whl weekly update:

LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES

Additions: #31 Brandon Anderson – from KIJHL

looks as if you guys might have gotten the other back up you all said you needed.

maybe Dyck and your GM read the board?

Quote Originally Posted by amsfan05
    saw this on the whl weekly update:

LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES

Additions: #31 Brandon Anderson – from KIJHL

looks as if you guys might have gotten the other back up you all said you needed.

maybe Dyck and your GM read the board?
    He isn't new. He has been here in camp, was with the team before when Metsola went to the WJHC and now that Metsola is injured.

Based on his play in the earlier games he is far from the back-up that we need.

Anderson is only 16 and is definately in the future plans of the Canes, IMO he was definately the 2nd best goalie in camp this fall but I think he got sent down because of the new numbers rule for 16 yr olds...

His one start this season (so far) was decent...only allowed 3 goals on 32 shots versus Saskatoon...his season is finished on his Jr B team so he will prob be with the Canes from now on getting his feet wet for next yr, likely our #1 guy if Juha graduates...although who knows what Roy will do over the summer, ha

Default Was our 3rd round pick in the 2007 draft.

Was our 3rd round pick in the 2007 draft. The following is from an article in 2007 about our draft picks.

"In the third round, Lethbridge selected goaltender Brandon Anderson 50th overall and Forward Brent Martin 53rd overall.
    Anderson was a teammate of Hurricanes first round pick Alex Theriau with the 2007 Western Canadian Bantam Champion Burnaby Winter Club. The product of Langley, BC was instrumental down the playoff stretch as the starting goaltender for the BWC this season."

I read another article at that time and Stasiuk said something to the effect "he may not have the best style but has won where ever he has played." He won the bantam championship so he has played in some pressure situations etc.

Has been playing in the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League this year which is I guess you could call a Junior B league, but a step up from Midget for sure. I agree he was better than Tadjdeh in camp but the Canes wanted to make sure he was playing a lot and not sitting on the bench here.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

He should be use to playing behind some shotty D after playing with Theriau. Might be a good fit here.