Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Ryan Letts

i guess i wasn't thinking that we could both lose on the same night. that doesn't happen often. if my math is right i guess it's now 1 tri city win or 1 spokane loss to seal the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by amsfan05
    i guess i wasn't thinking that we could both lose on the same night. that doesn't happen often. if my math is right i guess it's now 1 tri city win or 1 spokane loss to seal the deal?
    Yup. 10 points back, we have 6 games remaning for a possible 12 points. If we lose, you win the division. If you win, you win the division.
    Spokane Chiefs - 2008 Memorial Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!! punk rock

So, is there a general feeling that your playoff picuture has been screwed up by this whole incident?

probably more than there should be, but at this time of the year and the fact that Chet had at one point had 23 consecutive starts, means that the netminding depth is at the shallow end of the pool without Pickard.

Owsley and Martyniuk are both capable goalies, but neither can come close to what Chet would bring the team every night. Let's hope Chet isn't out for the playoffs.

my two cents
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

I dont think Tri fans feel this is messing the playoff picture. These things can be unpredictable, but the expectation is that Chet will be back and sharp for playoffs. Between now and then the team would still be looking to sharpen up themselves a notch too. And then keep it up as playoffs progress.

I dont think the scenarios on matchups is a big deal right now. The west conference is going to present good battles throughout the first round, though Vancouver/PG shouldnt take long. And then anything could happen in the second round. Like if I were a betting man, I'd be hard pressed to give you much more than even money on Van/Kel or Spoke/Tri matchups if thats what panned out.

I appreciate you posting here. A little less noise.