Thread: Spoke V. Tri 03/14/09

Default Spoke V. Tri 03/14/09

Not that the game will mean anything in the standings ... but I purchased two tickets for my son and I to come down to the game on the 14th ... and headed back that night afterwards. Our seats are in row 4 in the section to the left of the home bench.

those arent bad seats, you should be ok there. i really dont know of any areas where a regular fan would cause problems at. so unless some idiots who can't handle their beer show up everyone should be ok.

Default In all honesty ...

When you say to the left of the home bench are you sayng that facing the benches? I expect that security is going to be off the charts for this game. While I expect the players will be well behaved I don't expect some of the non-season tiocket holder fans, or the drunk fans, or the AMs fans to be. JMHO. If you are in the lower sections and if you are not sitting next to the beer garden I wouldn't expect any trouble. We are not taking any of the kids to this game based on what was said and done to them last time. It just is not worth it for them or for us. Kinda sad. My suggestion would be this ... if there are any problems get one of the Chief fans who will be sitting next to you and being nice to you to get security involved for you. Just like in TRI security reacts better to someone wearing the home jersey. The real fans will not let anyone be abused that way whether you are the visitor or not and especially not when you have a child with you. Most of us are better behaved than that. I know this sounds a little negative but the last game really left me a little leery I guess. Anyway ... enjoy the game ... and congrats on your guys 2nd Division win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelchild
    When you say to the left of the home bench are you sayng that facing the benches? I expect that security is going to be off the charts for this game. While I expect the players will be well behaved I don't expect some of the non-season tiocket holder fans, or the drunk fans, or the AMs fans to be. JMHO. If you are in the lower sections and if you are not sitting next to the beer garden I wouldn't expect any trouble. We are not taking any of the kids to this game based on what was said and done to them last time. It just is not worth it for them or for us. Kinda sad. My suggestion would be this ... if there are any problems get one of the Chief fans who will be sitting next to you and being nice to you to get security involved for you. Just like in TRI security reacts better to someone wearing the home jersey. The real fans will not let anyone be abused that way whether you are the visitor or not and especially not when you have a child with you. Most of us are better behaved than that. I know this sounds a little negative but the last game really left me a little leery I guess. Anyway ... enjoy the game ... and congrats on your guys 2nd Division win.
    He was talking about the game in Tri on the 14th. But I didn't really see or hear of any real problems at the home game last night (the 13th).. My wife , daughter , Cousin and a friend are going to Tri tonight , and I don't expect any real problems there either , but ya never know. Every city has it's fairweather fans who decide to be jerks to visiting fans. Spokane is no exception. I usually just shrug it off and move on , but I don't blame you for having a bitter taste in your mouth after someone bad mouthed an 8 yo little girl. Tough guy eh?...lol. I hope nobody does that to my little girl while we are down there , But we have never had any real trouble in the toyota center. Usually just some bad looks , maybe a comment or two but nothing too bad. GO CHIEFS GO!!!!!!!!!

Default PRETTY QUIET

I would have to say that last night was pretty quiet and, at least from where I sat pretty enjoyable, and I am not just discussing the score. We had the normal amount of AMs fans and cowbells vc1tt around us but we got even with the beloved Cheer Stix (oh my aching head!). The guys that were so rough on the kids last time were there again but we heard not a single thing out of them. Didn't see any security in their area either so I would say that that was a good sign. I even wandered around the concourse for awhile and didn't hear or see anything unsettling and I hit both levels. The game was great ... lots of hitting and fast action and stupid refs. I still have not figured out what that AMs players was trying to do to Tyler's (think it was #9) leg. Lord that was funny. I tought Tyler was going to have to hit him over the head to get free! All in all it was a good game and I hope EVERYTHING turns out the same way tonight in TRI. GO CHIEFS!