Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs!!

Default Playoffs!!

Big improvement from last year for the Cougars. A very young team that battles as evidenced by their performances vs Spokane over the weekend.
    Overall this year they have improved in points and wins, made the playoffs, and that was without Dana Tyrell!!

March 20 and here comes the Giants.
    On paper the biggest mismatch in recent years, on the ice, same.
    Is there any chance the Cougs can compete? Yes they can....
    with a few tweaks to their line up.

Dallas Jackson needs to move to forward with Connelly and Viedensky and they have to move Regier and McDonald up the depth chart on defense to replace Bidlevski and his whl worst -47.
    With those two moves they get stronger on offence - a better first line and a stronger offensive second line - and they improve thier back end.

Let's be honest though, there will be no way the team can compete unless Armstrong turns into Luongo and steals games from the Giants but, even though there is a 60pt difference in the teams' regular seasons, anything can happen in the playoffs.

Default Armstrong

I had a few chances to watch Armstrong playing against the Wheat Kings when he played with the Blades a few seasons ago. Back then, he played well enough and seemed capable of being a difference maker. Of course, one of the downfalls of the WHL schedule is that we only get to see your team once every two years, so I can't say I've seen him play in quite some time.

By the way, if things in goal get a bit dicey for Armstrong, former Wheat King Joe Caligiuri actually played pretty well for the Wheaties in last year's playoffs. Yeah, we lost out to Lethbridge in the first round but at least he kept us close in every game.

Like you said, anything can happen in the playoffs. Hopefully you can make it a decent series! And everyone loves an underdog!

sure anything can happen -- that's why we play the games.. let's hope the refs don't get too involved and all the boys play good clean hard-nosed hockey.

Armstrong is a very capable goalie and at times he's had the Giants number. the secret for us will be to get to him early to rattle him a bit. See ya'll on Saturday for the final game of the season. vci34
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

4. Default give it a rest

come on teacher give it a rest and quit writing on every form you can to say the same old thing. McDonald has to make it on his own merits and all the preaching you do isn't going to make any difference!!!! We've had enuf.

Anyone think the Cougars can even win one game vs the Giants? It would be great to see Sexsmith get beat at least once.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Default To Bond

Your name should be Dick, not james..
    I am able to support who i want and write what i want and i dont need some anonymous pud like you writing crap about it.
    Oh yeah and to your intelligent point about merit....
    I guess merit in Prince George means you have to be -47 or -30 or worse in order to get quality playing time. That kid McDonald has been on for only 2 goals against in his last 25 games played, so before you comment on merit check the stat sheets you ignorant Dick
    (oh sorry I meant Bond, James,Bond)

7. Default reply

you must be refering to your own inadequecies

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    Anyone think the Cougars can even win one game vs the Giants? It would be great to see Sexsmith get beat at least once.
    It's hard to say. I am thinking either Cougars in 7 or Giants in 4. The Cats need to take one of the first two games to have a chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    Sadly there are a bunch of Giants "fans" around here you agree with you. They are hoping to install Tucker in place of Sexsmith as they feel he doesn't have the chops anymore.

The playoffs are a whole new season.

I for one am hoping that Tyson stands on his head and quells all the naysayers. It doesn't help the team to have this kind of division after the Giants have put together a record breaking season.

There's not a division with the boys, just some of the fans -- who really have no clue how good they have it and are looking for things to whine about.

Here's hoping the PG fans go to see their team in the playoffs and fill the seats. Win or lose its still great hockey and anything can happen.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Default Agree

Definitely not the time for a team to be questioning thier starter when he has a memorial cup and is a high nhl draft pick. Tucker has looked good but the Giants seem to play a much better style of d when he is in net.
    With Sexy they seem to give up much higher quality chances.

I like the comment about P.G. fans coming out to support their team. Knowing the fans up there though, I am sure they would rather "stick it" to Brodsky and Thompson, then go out and support a bunch of young men who have busted their asses all year against huge odds...
    a coaching change, losing Dana Tyrell to injury. having four sixteen year olds, and lastly a group of 19 and 20yr olds who are average to say the least.
    ( with the exception of Armstrong ).
    Looking foward to Friday!!!