Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    Here's hoping the PG fans go to see their team in the playoffs and fill the seats. Win or lose its still great hockey and anything can happen.
    Not going to happen.

Two seasons ago when PG had their playoff run where they beat Everett we lined up at 4am to wait for playoff tickets to go on sale at 10am.

This season the playoff tickets went on sale at 10am on Wednesday. I got there at 9:55am and I was the only one there. Even the Ticketmaster ladies were shocked that no one else was lining up.

Default Sexsmith sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    Anyone think the Cougars can even win one game vs the Giants? It would be great to see Sexsmith get beat at least once.
    Gave up 3 goals on what 15 shots in a loss to Kelowna then got blown up a few nights after that. Anyone could play net in Vancouver and have numbers like his. Hoping for a Prince George upset..probably wont happen but hey dare to dream(for 4 games anyways ha)
    We may all have different opinions but one thing brings us all here...HOCKEY RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose
    Not going to happen.

Two seasons ago when PG had their playoff run where they beat Everett we lined up at 4am to wait for playoff tickets to go on sale at 10am.

This season the playoff tickets went on sale at 10am on Wednesday. I got there at 9:55am and I was the only one there. Even the Ticketmaster ladies were shocked that no one else was lining up.
    yeah I know that was the pervading atmosphere unfortunately that's why I said that ..

PG fans: sticking it to the owners will just get your team sold elsewhere, its playoff hockey and likely the only round you'll get this year (maybe not, but odds are..), please support the young men who are trying to be better out there for you the fans.

There are a couple of really good players to watch from your own team (Connolly, Cepek to name two) and the level of WHL playoff hockey can't be beat.

Go for the game and the players it'll be worth it.

I also have to say that series we had versus the Chiefs last year was excellent hockey and we lost, well we were beat soundly by a better team and it was still great hockey.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but there's gotta be some fans who want to see real hockey being played. The NHL is actively watering down our game to a point that real, old-time, good hockey will be a thing of legends.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Dondo has a point about preaching to the converted on a WHL Fans board.
    Why not take up the torch as a Cougar fan and write in an editorial to the Citizen reminding all of the hockey fans up there that your team has made the playoffs, and yes, you have some good players, and yes it's worth going to see them and other possible future stars play. (not to mention some awesome young NHL hopefuls on the Giants...=)
    What else are the apathetic PG hockey fans going to do in March?
    Hang out at Sgt's?
    Get into a fight at the Generator?
    Watch another regular Season Canucks game on the big screen at home?
    Watch another Canucks game at BP?
    Stare at the dirty snowbank in your front yard that won't melt?

These may be the last two live hockey games that PG fans will see until September.
    Get off your duff. It's not like it's a long drive to the CN from anywhere in PG.
    I know Giants fans who make it out to the Coliseum, who comparitively, might as well live in Hixon....

Dana Tyrell is going to be in the audience somewhere...get his autograph.

I hope management is smart and keeps the ticket price low for the playoffs...
    Warm Up the Bus....

Quote Originally Posted by Section_Z
    Why not take up the torch as a Cougar fan and write in an editorial to the Citizen reminding all of the hockey fans up there that your team has made the playoffs,
    We actually have before and all it turned into was a Brodsky/Thompson bash fest.

Besides the lack of support for the Brodsky's, people are already decided that the Cats are done in 4 games anyhow so why waste money to see them get beat.

If Brodsky does not sell the team to someone next season I really believe that it will be the last season we have WHL hockey in PG.

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose
    We actually have before and all it turned into was a Brodsky/Thompson bash fest.

Besides the lack of support for the Brodsky's, people are already decided that the Cats are done in 4 games anyhow so why waste money to see them get beat.

If Brodsky does not sell the team to someone next season I really believe that it will be the last season we have WHL hockey in PG.
    Personally I was excited in the Giants 1st round Vs. the Memorial Cup Rockets. We all knew we would get spanked, but we scored a few goals and we had a good time.
    Totally understood, however, that I am speaking of a 2nd year expansion team and you are faced with a veteran poorly managed team.
    I hope he does sell if that's the case. The last thing PG needs is another empty building in the bowl....
    Of course, maybe the Spruce Kings could move in? =)
    Warm Up the Bus....

Default Trump

Well we all know strange things can happen in the playoffs. If PG can manage to squeak out one win in Vancouver, the fans will come. I think the gratification PG fans could get seeing their team beat the Giants will trump their hate for the Brodskys.

Keeping my fingers crossed. punk rock
    For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Well we all know strange things can happen in the playoffs. If PG can manage to squeak out one win in Vancouver, the fans will come. I think the gratification PG fans could get seeing their team beat the Giants will trump their hate for the Brodskys.

Keeping my fingers crossed. punk rock
    I think you've got it there, TwoBits.

Hate management.
    Hate the opposition more!
    Warm Up the Bus....

Default MANAGEMENT & COACHING PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by Section_Z
    I think you've got it there, TwoBits.

Hate management.
    Hate the opposition more!
    I hate to see small market teams lose to mega market teams but losing two playoff games by a combined 14 goals, thank god the Giants took their foot off the accelerator, looks bad on the players but c'mon - THIS IS A MANAGEMENT & COACHING PROBLEM PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Tough to fault the Giants when they just did as they are coached, and coached very well, to do but easy to hate Cougar management and coaching staff for gross mismanagement and a complete failure to playoff ready this team.

BRUTAL, I hope team ownership has enough brains to take out the trash and get this franchise back on the right track because this franchise belongs in Prince George!

GO WHEATIES!!!

The WHL like other professional leagues is all about business. Is it a coincidence that two of the wealthiest Major Junior teams in Canada are ranked numbers 1 and 2 in the country. In a couple years they will probably be joined by Edmonton, Portland and Kamloops as teams that are perennially at the top. Money buys state of the art training facilities, specialty coaches, dozens of scouts, personnel to take care of all the little details that on small market teams are dumped on the GM. Big spenders win championships, just look at the Yankees and Red Sox. The Cougars, Ice, Raiders, Warriors, Broncos are just the Blue Jays on ice. vci33