Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Playoffs!!

I believe Stanfield played as an 18 yr old for the 08/09 season and I did not see a huge improvement from last season IMO.

Matte, Scherger, Halliday and Viedensky were great, but I must confess, I was more than a little disappointed with the other older players.

I hope the young guns stay positive and want to come back next season. At least they had some heart! They just need some direction ie; Habscheid or someone significant for a change.
    This is long overdue and ownership owes this to the fans, but mostly owe it to the boys playing for them.

The whole hate for big market teams is so misguided.

Yeah places like Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton have a WAY bigger fan base to pull from, but at the same time look what the Giants have to compete against to earn sports fans $:

-Vancouver Canucks (will always be tops in town no matter how much they suck)
    -BC Lions
    -Soon to be MLS Whitecaps

Now throw into the mix various concerts and what not during the hockey season. On any given night during the WHL season I have about 3 other QUALITY options of what to do with my money other than go to Giants games.

Small market teams have a captive audiance. They could even afford to charge more than they do because people will come out.

Look at the Oil Kings. Rink was really empty for their playoff games because they TOTALLY outpriced themselves in that market.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

anyone have word if connolly or maylan will be back next year? (without asking for a trade)

Quote Originally Posted by tommanaz
    anyone have word if connolly or maylan will be back next year? (without asking for a trade)
    Connelly is PG boy so I doubt he want to be traded when he could be the #1 player here.

Maylan did not have that great of a season IMO and probably would not get much on the trade front.

edit:

I have also heard that Viedensky will be back next season.

viedensky will be back?
    how about stanfield?
    I know connolly is a pg kid although he wont develop in PG and it is most likely in his best interest to go somewhere to develop (unfortunatly)
    Ill agree Maylan had an ok season although he played 3rd or 4th line most of the season and was still a top pt producer. Maybe he didnt have the chance??

Connolly isn't going any ware. Not unless it's a huge trade that would benefit the Cougars! Next year will be a rebuilding year with a lot of 17 year old players and a new coach. The year after that, they will have a lot of good 18 and 19 year olds, a coach that has settled in and "my guess" a new venue (not in Prince George).
    Enthusiastic young players + new coach + arena FULL of supporting fans= The Cougars Starting to make a STATEMENT!

Louie, its been proven that despite the coach it all boils down to the owners and until that changes the team wont be any better.
    When i said is connolly going somewhere i mean under his will. Obviously the team wont trade their best player but he may want to go somewhere with more exposure!

I haven't been following the plight of the Cougars for that long so maybe you could fill me in on why everyone hates the owner so bad and why that relates to crappy attendance. Personally I go to hockey games to support the team and be entertained by a good hockey game. I could care less about the owners of the team.