Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ICE VS BRANDON RD 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper
    The play by play announcer Jeff Hollic is hired by the local radio station and the team . He has been here for about 10 years, the colour guy is a former NHL player Don Murdock. He has a lot of hockey knowledge and is definitely a homer and he makes no excuses that he is not. Whats wrong with an announcer that is paid locally and lives locally being a home town fan. I have listened to many team announcers and can always tell that they are the home towns duo. This in not the NHL and I expect all announcers to promote their own team when givin the chance. When these announcers eat,sleep and ride the buses with the players you can be sure that they know much more about the home team then any other teams and it shows in how they are announcing and promoting the team. if you don't like a local flavour listen to your own announcer.
    Nice thought but its a pain in the ass to try to sync the broadcasts. Listen to Regan Bartel on the Kelowna broadcast, there is a true pro. You know he is rooting for the Rockets, as he should, and he does promote them a lot, but he also provides a balanced play by play. Listening to that clown on color last night was absolutely embarassing.

I know that for Brandon fans its a horrible broadcast but It is what it is. Don has been like that since the first game he did. Yes he can be embarrassing, even to the Ice fans and the biggest homer. As an Ice fan I have to say that I shake my head at times also. I look up at the pbp booth and can see him getting emotional at the games. He is a very intense personality but apparently the Ice and Radio must like his style because they bring him back every year. All I can say is he is an Ice fan and it shows. I know him personally and he loves hockey and what he does when he is on the air. Personally I think its okay and the local fans mostly enjoy to here the biast play by play. I know its a lot different when the Ice are on the road and Jeff is by himself. Anyway I listen to many other announcers and to a degree all are homers, I have shook my head at the way most announcers do their jobs announcing games and then I just realize that they are no different than the the guy in the booth next to them. Like I said in the last message if it bothers you that much and want a Brandon Bias listen to your guy. I can tell you that when we play in Brandon I listen to my announcer because of that exact reason.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!

Quote Originally Posted by dagley
    How is the video from Kootenay, good? I want to watch the game tomorrow.
    The video quality is alright. Don't have much to compare it to other than Calgary's which is way better or Brandon's which i suppose is a little better. As for the radio broadcaster I don't mind him its just the color analyst is way too biased. I understand hes rooting for his home team but he is far too one sided. There probably are alot more broadcasters in the league that are like this but its hard when your comparing to our broadcaster Bruce Luebke. I think Bruce is one of the best broadcasters you could ask for, sure like everyone else alot of the talk is about the Brandon players because he knows them more. But in his play by play he rarely shows any bias and doesn't make any stupid comments like this color guy.

Iconwhl ICE VS BRANDON RD 1

Just curious as to other teams' thoughts on Bob Ridley........What can I say, I like him. I think he does a fairly good job of being ubiased. JMHO, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by tigsfan0809
    Just curious as to other teams' thoughts on Bob Ridley........What can I say, I like him. I think he does a fairly good job of being ubiased. JMHO, tho.
    I like Ridley, aside from Luber, Ridley is my favourite in the league.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper
    The play by play announcer Jeff Hollic is hired by the local radio station and the team . He has been here for about 10 years, the colour guy is a former NHL player Don Murdock. He has a lot of hockey knowledge and is definitely a homer and he makes no excuses that he is not. Whats wrong with an announcer that is paid locally and lives locally being a home town fan. I have listened to many team announcers and can always tell that they are the home towns duo. This in not the NHL and I expect all announcers to promote their own team when givin the chance. When these announcers eat,sleep and ride the buses with the players you can be sure that they know much more about the home team then any other teams and it shows in how they are announcing and promoting the team. if you don't like a local flavour listen to your own announcer.
    thats the thing, we cant when we order games that are played in the opposing rink.. its no big deal or anything its just funny to listen to and kind of annoying when you hear the colour guy cheering whenever the ice have the puck.