Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Kings pound the Hitmen!

Default Oil Kings pound the Hitmen!

Ok maybe not but its nice to have a dream!

Great job by the boys last night in PA to dig deep and come up with the big win. I have a feeling they will do a lot better against Calgary then most people think.

Good lucky Boys!!!! dancing pi

Quote Originally Posted by robthelogger
    I have a feeling they will do a lot better against Calgary then most people think.
    So you think they'll lose all four games by two goals each instead of four goals each?

I think this and the VAN-PG series are about as sure to be sweeps as anything the WHL has seen in a few years. What I do want to see though is some intense games that could give some spark to what has so far been a pretty tame "Battle of Alberta" at the WHL level. Calgary and Edmonton are bitter rivals at almost every level of sports competition but it has been really lacking in the WHL so hopefully we'll see some intense, physical games that will spur the emotions of next year's returning players (and fans!) on both sides. Turn the skirmish of Alberta back into a Battle at the WHL level next year....

Everyone understands that our chances are very slim to win a game, but I think we have a capable goaltender to at least steal one game.

We're not in the post season for a chance to advance to the Memorial Cup cause that isn't a realistic goal, but to gain experience in the playoffs. Our roster is really young, so any experience that they can gain will go miles in terms of success in the next season or the season thereafter.

What I'm quite pleased about is the fact that we get at least 2 home playoff games of revenue, at least 4 games of playoff experience, we have Micheal St. Croix waiting in the wings, along with other talented prospects, and we get to draft 9th in the upcoming Bantam Draft, and 8th in the rounds after that. We should be able to get some real solid prospects to add to our already talented pool of players. The future is really bright here in edmonton and making the playoffs for the first time in the latest reincarnation builds a winning foundation.

It's nice to find a message board that is 100% full of fans of the WHL. I'm enjoying my lurking around today.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC
    So you think they'll lose all four games by two goals each instead of four goals each?

I think you will be surprised my friend...Jung is going to steal atleast one game for the Oil Kings! Remember what the oilers did a few years ago...nobody gave them a hope in hell to even get out of the first round and look how far they went...playoffs are a whole different can of worms! And I know that the dub and the nhl are totally different but....

Default Even though I'm a Hitmen fan...

but more a fan of the Blades, I don't really wanna see Edmonton get swept. I think they're going to a better team next year and won't need a tie breaker to get in to the playoffs so seeing them play 5 games at least would benefit them next year.

I'm sure Edmonton would love to have St. Croix in the lineup but since his Manitoba team is still in the playoffs, won't happen. He's going to be a dominate player for them in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
    It's nice to find a message board that is 100% full of fans of the WHL. I'm enjoying my lurking around today.

Welcome aboard "Guy"! It IS unfortunate that you are "flaming though..." vci34

Quote Originally Posted by O&C
    Welcome aboard "Guy"! It IS unfortunate that you are "flaming though..." vci34
    Yeah, I saw rule #1 "No Flaming" and thought... 'what the hell... I'm banned already!?!?!"

Unfortunately you're stuck with the name your parents give you right?

Welcome Guy!

I enjoy listening to your show on the team, and on the Oil King broadcasts. Tell these Oil King fans that they have little chance vs the Hitmen

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    Welcome Guy!

I enjoy listening to your show on the team, and on the Oil King broadcasts. Tell these Oil King fans that they have little chance vs the Hitmen
    A bunch of us made our predictions on the air earlier this week and I posted the results on the show's blog (I won't link to it myself so that I don't get tagged with the self promotion already!).

I have Calgary in 5 based on the potential for Torrie Jung to steal a game. Stranger things have happened but the Hitmen should have little trouble right up until the Conference Finals in my opinion.

Oh and thanks for the compliments on the show, it's nice to hear from listeners good and bad, just so we know they exist!