Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oil Kings pound the Hitmen!

Quote Originally Posted by robthelogger
    I think you will be surprised my friend...Jung is going to steal atleast one game for the Oil Kings! Remember what the oilers did a few years ago...nobody gave them a hope in hell to even get out of the first round and look how far they went...playoffs are a whole different can of worms! And I know that the dub and the nhl are totally different but....
    It almost happened yesterday ( jung stealing a game ) i was sure hoping for them just to get the calgary fans back into reality. NO REPONSE NEEDED

Icon32

Great game by Jung on Sunday, as he almost singlehanded won the game for the Kings. I thought your defense did a good job in tying up the Hitmen in front of the net and nullifying any loose rebounds. This was the game that the upset should've occured but it will wake up the Hitmen. I must also say that the refs really did their best to destroy the play with the constant stream of penalties on both team. A good portion were borderline calls and resulted in the third & fourth line being not used much. At least it was even as both teams were penalized. Hopefully tonight the refs let the players play and hopefully youhave a big fan turnout. applause

Good luck tonight..... Hopefully you can win one for the home crowd.

Hitmen broadcasters surprised at how many empty seats there are at Rexall Place. Maybe the crowd just hadn't finished filing into the arena when they made the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    Hitmen broadcasters surprised at how many empty seats there are at Rexall Place. Maybe the crowd just hadn't finished filing into the arena when they made the comment.
    Only 3501 fans at the game tonight? Where are all the Edmonton fans?

Jung almost stole one in game 2, but the Hitmen came back today .. waxing the home team.

Not sure how much chance the Oil Kings have at this time and with 3500 fans at the Coliseum, maybe they don't deserve a chance. That's pretty sad for playoff hockey. You'd think the Edm fans would be loading the stands for a game versus their rival city.

good thing that Shaw is following the Blades/'Canes series.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    Only 3501 fans at the game tonight? Where are all the Edmonton fans?
    Wonder if Cranbrook needs another team.