Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: *Round 1 GDT - Blades vs Hurricanes*

Default Canes vs Blades regular season

Just some info on the 4 regular season games we played with Saskatoon. All the games were very close and the games we lost were played with the Canes usual mixed up and incomplete line-ups. The 3-0 game was closer than it seemed. We had a very depleted line-up and our number 3 goalie played. We recieved 7 penalties in row, thats right 7 in a row, and S'toon scored 2 late goals during them to put the game away.
    This is not meant to make excuses but just to take a good look at the season series. We were without some very key players in the games we lost and when we had a full line-up we beat the Blades in S'toon. Boychuk, who can make the difference in a game by himself with key goals, missed 2 games as did Bancks. Sbisa only played in the game we won.

Games and players missing:

Oct 26 Blades 3 Leth 2
    Sbisa
    Beach

Jan 01 Blades 3 Leth 0
    Sbisa
    Beach
    Boychuk
    Bancks
    Metsola (Anderson in goal)
    Canes got 7 penalties in a row in the 3rd period!!

Jan 17 Blades 3 Leth 2 O/T
    Sbisa
    Boychuk
    Bancks

Mar 7th Leth 4 Blades 3
    Full line-up

I am predicting a close hard fought series with the Canes prevailing in 6 or 7 games. I feel the Blades have played to there absolute maximum potential all year and do not have another gear. The Canes on the other hand have not got out of second gear all year long. If, and thats a big if, the Canes find another gear we will take this series.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Horrible call waving off Braes goal!! What is replay for if they are scared to make a discretionary call?

Quote Originally Posted by moosedawg
    Horrible call waving off Braes goal!! What is replay for if they are scared to make a discretionary call?
    I completely agree, that was garbage. The stick was parallel to the crossbar when it contacted the puck, not above it.
    Kelowna Rockets
    Division Titles: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
    Regular Season Championships: 2003, 2004, 2014
    Western Conference Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Western Hockey League Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Memorial Cup Championships: 2004

What is the point of having video replay if they are going to clearly get it wrong.

I would understand if it were close but that was clearly a goal.

Typical WHL now we get the worst of both worlds, incorrect calls and long breaks to confirm that the WHL are idiots and still have the wrong call.

They must have the CFL replay officials doing it. Also what was with that kneeing call? The player jumps sideways to avoid the check, falls over and the Lethbridge player gets tagged even though he didnt even touch him...
    Kelowna Rockets
    Division Titles: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
    Regular Season Championships: 2003, 2004, 2014
    Western Conference Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Western Hockey League Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Memorial Cup Championships: 2004

LMAO, In true pretender fashion, the Canes don't show up again and Beach does his antics again.
    Go Blades!
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Never thought i would say this... but Bocephus your kinda straying in to troll territory bro. If your just gonna go belly up and switch teams then stay the h*ll of the forums. No one wants to hear you gloat about being a bad fan.

Quote Originally Posted by O&C
    Never thought i would say this... but Bocephus your kinda straying in to troll territory bro. If your just gonna go belly up and switch teams then stay the h*ll of the forums. No one wants to hear you gloat about being a bad fan.
    Please!
    This is a Blades/Canes thread is it not?
    ...and I sure the hell am not gloating.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus
    Please!
    This is a Blades/Canes thread is it not?
    ...and I sure the hell am not gloating.
    Sure it is a Canes/Blades thread but if the only point of you posting is to show what a terrible fan you are then I don't think it is out of line for people to question your motives.

You have a history of good posts but the posts lately have been pretty "Trollish" in nature.

Your right Bo, sorry. Im just really sick of the "i cant support this team because of...." comments. I just dont think that the players deserve that just because you disagree with management. I sure as hell disagree with most moves Roy has made (or didnt make).

And yes, the Canes are pretenders this year. This whole year is just a disaster. Dyck has had too much talent on this team all season for this to happen. BUT its too late now. So yes, I agree with you, but we are kind of stuck what with we have now. Thats my argument for still cheering for this train wreck anyhow.