Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: *Round 1 GDT - Blades vs Hurricanes*

Default the whole nine yards imo......................

Quote Originally Posted by longtimejrfan
    I'm wondering as an outsider who Cane fans think will take the fall if they get knocked out in the first round. The fact that they don't have a decent backup goaltender falls directly on the shoulders of Stasiuk. I would also question some of the other moves he's made, ie Fadden and Chorneyko, or does Dyck take the fall given the fact there were such high hopes for this team after last season.
    i wouldn't be fair to blame any one person on a possible quit exit, if roy would have kept a solid backup and maybe avoided a few bad trades there would have been little room for not pointing fingers at dyck with this much talent on a team. ...imo the gm puts the talent on the ice the coach get them to play at the best of there ability and if you look at the way this season has gone there is WAY to many breakdowns on both sides to say one or the other should go...........................
    Last edited by shushu; 03-21-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Default no offense taken.................

Quote Originally Posted by Pete76
    Since I offended you, I am sorry ... as a Spokane fan I take way too much joy in watching the Train Wreck that is Kyle Beach ... nothing against Lethbridge at all ... I will try to contain myself ... good luck tonight!
    good luck to your chiefs also........................
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu
    imo the gm puts the talent on the ice the coach get them to play at the best of there ability and if you look at the way this season has gone there is WAY to many breakdowns on both sides to say one or the other should go...........................
    I'm fine with both of them going and Kabayama staying.

Beach plays on the edge, the Canes knew it when they acquired him.

All-Time Favorite.

What a game by the Canes last night! Boychuck really answered the call with the hat trick as well. I found it interesting that even Wright called out Boychuck in an interview on shaw for his performance in game one. King also looked fantastic tonight. Worked hard and won battles. Imo the biggest difference from game one (other than Juha), was that the Canes got the puck to the hash marks and started to crash Holtby. The Canes forcheck was also completely messing up the Blades who couldnt get out of their zone very effectively.

Wouldnt be surprised to see the Canes attack Holtby more while he is behind the net. That guy has screwed the Blades with his puck handling twice so far.

I guess it is safe to say that if the Canes can continue to play like they did last night for the rest of the series, the Blades are going to have a long series in front of them. And the Canes have home ice now... hope the crowd is just wild on Tuesday and Wednesday! Im definantly going to get the "Hoooooltbyyyyy" jeer goin!

Ps. How about Juha's dancing moves! Hahah, that kid is focused!

Quote Originally Posted by O&C
    Imo the biggest difference from game one (other than Juha), was that the Canes got the puck to the hash marks and started to crash Holtby.
    And Beach not being in the line up floating, so they could establish a good fore check, and strong back check, with no lazy bad penalties. Reners was very good in his place, and they put the successful line combos back together.
    vc124

Caniac, I normally sit up in JJ by the "power meter"! Its normally the most roudy place to be in the playoffs. Last year we started the "Juha" chant from that section and people were bringing drums and you can actually hit the power meter and make some good noise too. Plus that section is right behind Holtby for 2/3 of the game anyhow!

And as far as Beach goes, I tend to agree, but i know what he can bring to the team as well. He needs to bring back that hard working mentality that he had right after the trade.

Forechecking and hitting...thats what the Canes need to keep doing and they will not fail !!

GO CANES GO

Nice job by the hurricanes, if they keep up the hard work they have a good chance to getting somewhere in the playoffs......keep it up boys........can't wait until Tuesday!!!!

GO CANES GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to O&C for the Sig

I am gonna say 4-2 Canes on Tuesday. I hope they play like they did in game 2, and not like they did most of the year and in game 1.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.