Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pickard over Tokarski?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinAmsFan
    their is one BIG deference between the Ams and the Chiefs. (Size). Everyone knows that the Ams are known for their speed and scoring ability. Which means that Pickard gets very little help at his end while the d's getting skated all over. Remember when Ryan Letts ran pickard down? when both those line brawls started, who did you see on the ground and not standing up? I agree that Tokarski does deserve it more this year. No one even came close to his numbers this year. but i can almost guarantee that their were WAY more clean shots on Pickard then on Tokarski this year. Any team we play without Pickard is gonna score alot of goals on us. So i think that's the main reason why he was picked. Due to how valuable he really is to the Ams. Im sure once the Chiefs get their players back they should feel much more comfortable in the D zone.
    Outside of the twin towers Baldwin and Cowen (both at 6'5"); our biggest defenseman is Bret Bartman. You can't really call Bartman a beast at 6'1" on a good day. Outside of Bartman, we have Reddington at 6'0", Glass at 6'0", and then it goes downhill with Kichton, Spurgeon and Ulmer all struggling to reach the 5'11" mark.

Schmidt and McColm are perhaps the most physical defense pair in the US division.

Fail.
    Spokane Chiefs - 2008 Memorial Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!! punk rock

Sorry for not realizing that the chiefs really aren't that tall. REGARDLESS, i just want people to realize that the chiefs do have a better and TOUGHER defense. o k, so the AMS have Schmidt, big whoop. Him and Plouffe are pretty much the defense. McColm is the closest thing we have to an inforcer, and trust me he's not much of one. Now if you just think REALLY hard and try and understand what I am trying to say, the AMS SUCK without pickard. Which makes him more valuable to his team. Why do you think Ryan Letts purposely ran him down and gave him a concussion??? maybe so Spokane could start scoring...I'm sure its not a bunch of people that don't know anything about hockey that vote on these kind of things. Yes, Tokarski killed everyone with the numbers he had, but maybe their looking at more then just numbers. idk... Im sure if you think really hard about it you just might understand.
    Last edited by RockinAmsFan; 03-24-2009 at 06:54 PM.

I think one of the reasons Chet was picked over Dustin was that Spokane struggled down the stretch and let Kelowna erase a comfortable lead for 3rd, I think it was as much as 11 points with less than a month to go. Granted Kelowna was on fired in the 2nd half of the season. But that they blew that large of a margin definitely didn't help. It wasn't by any means Dustin's fault that the Rockets caught the Chiefs, but you know the old saying the goalie is the first player to get the blame and the last to get the credit. Definitely unfair, but I think it had some to do with it.
    Kelowna Rockets
    Division Titles: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
    Regular Season Championships: 2003, 2004, 2014
    Western Conference Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Western Hockey League Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Memorial Cup Championships: 2004