Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the fans?

Default Where are all the fans?

Terrible turn out for a playoff game last night...I was almost embarrassed to be in there. The Oilers and the media need to do a way better job of promoting the O.K. in the future.

Hopefully the Edmonton fans will get their heads out of there ass's and show up on Wed night!

I thought the league learned from the mistake of having the Ice in Edmonton, but apparently not. 3500 fans for your first home playoff game is embarrasing. Keep this up, edmonton will lose another dub club

yeah pretty sad in my mind.. does the fact that the regular season tickets are around $30 add to that? I heard that and I nearly passed out. WHL hockey is supposed to be affordable. How do you bring a family with those kinds of prices?

really poor when a new team has their first home playoff game and they can't fill the first five rows.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

$30 for tickets?? Wow, that is almost double what it cost for an adult ticket in PG. No wonder the building is empty.

You can get a single seat for $10.
    A family can sit together for $17/seat.

The most expensive ticket in the rink is $29, folks are making it sound a lot worse than it is.

Parking is free with an advance ticket (not bought at the rink on game day) so that saves you $12 right there too.

Calgary and Vancouver averaged less attendance in year 2 than Edmonton did this season. Edmonton had the 3rd highest attendance in the Eastern Conference.

This is a team on the rise, ticket sales will only get stronger, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose
    $30 for tickets?? Wow, that is almost double what it cost for an adult ticket in PG. No wonder the building is empty.
    Game 3 VAN @ PG attendance: 2384
    Game 4 VAN @ PG attendance: 2594

wow, those super cheap tickets in PG really led to big crowds... or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
    You can get a single seat for $10.
    A family can sit together for $17/seat.

The most expensive ticket in the rink is $29, folks are making it sound a lot worse than it is.

Parking is free with an advance ticket (not bought at the rink on game day) so that saves you $12 right there too.

Calgary and Vancouver averaged less attendance in year 2 than Edmonton did this season. Edmonton had the 3rd highest attendance in the Eastern Conference.

This is a team on the rise, ticket sales will only get stronger, not the other way around.
    Sure, but single tickets are not really relevant for a lot of us, and the $17 tickets are all higher up in the upper bowl. The lower bowl end zone tickets are $25; the lower bowl side seats are $29. In Vancouver End zone seats are $17.50 and sides are $19.50.

I must admit I only went to one Oil Kings game at Rexall, but I thought the ticket prices were steep and the food/beer prices were as well -- of course, the concessions have NHL prices.

It's good that attendance is reportedly on track for an expansion franchise, but to me the key feature of Junior hockey is its affordability for families, and IMO Edmonton has missed the mark. Just my opinion.
    The only good thunderstick is one shoved up a cowbell.

Are tickets were the cheapest in the league for the last two seasons, correct me if I am wrong and we rarely sell out. Playoff tickets are cheap here too.

All-Time Favorite.

Parking's only $8 in Vancouver

Thanks for clarifying guyflaming, but really those prices are still the most expensive or close to being the most expensive in the league -- some of the US arenas are in that ballpark.

For a new franchise trying to get people to show up -- those prices are prohibitive.

btw: PG's currently having a problem with ownership and lots of fans are not coming to the arena to stick it to the owners. Their arena seats about 6,000, where-as Rexall seats 16,000 plus (same as pacific Coliseum -- pretty much the exact same building design).. Edmonton probably has over a million people by now and PG is around 200-300K at most
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Prince george has a population of about 72,000. Hard to compete!