Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where are all the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie
    Prince george has a population of about 72,000. Hard to compete!
    Ah... the old population argument.

You say it's hard for PG to compete with EDM based on population. OK, so why did Swift have round 1 attendance numbers of:

Game 1 2431 (a Friday)
    Game 2: 2395 (a Saturday)
    Game 5: 2710 (a Friday)
    Game 7: 2879 (a Tuesday)

PG is a lot bigger than Swift yet the Broncos sold more tickets.

I'm just saying ticket sales have less to do with population than most believe. Does it play a role at all... of course it does. But it's not the be-all-end-all.

Default Price of Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by scrunt View Post
    Sure, but single tickets are not really relevant for a lot of us, and the $17 tickets are all higher up in the upper bowl. The lower bowl end zone tickets are $25; the lower bowl side seats are $29. In Vancouver End zone seats are $17.50 and sides are $19.50.

I must admit I only went to one Oil Kings game at Rexall, but I thought the ticket prices were steep and the food/beer prices were as well -- of course, the concessions have NHL prices.

It's good that attendance is reportedly on track for an expansion franchise, but to me the key feature of Junior hockey is its affordability for families, and IMO Edmonton has missed the mark. Just my opinion.

In Regina - tickets prices are only $15.00, in lower or upper seats, $12.00 for seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    In Regina - tickets prices are only $15.00, in lower or upper seats, $12.00 for seniors.
    Last year they were actually $17 and $14.... not including the $1.50 (maybe more) ticketmaster fee.