Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: *Round 2 GDT - Hitmen vs Hurricanes*

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    He made the best save I have seen in this years playoffs in that second period. Bortis delayed in the circle on his glove side, both defenders moved away from Broda. Bortis fed the puck right to Broda about 10 feet in front of the net, Broda got away a good wrist shot but Metsola made an incredible glove save. The Canes are really working hard while they are shorthanded today. They are playing better but the Hitmen are controlling the game. Metsola made that one big save but other than that the Canes are keeping the Hitmen shots to the outside. 2-1 Hitmen after 2.
    Looks like the refs are letting them play in the 3rd, good news for us.

canes 8 penalties
    hitmen 4 penalties
    Last edited by caniac # 2; 04-05-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caniac # 2
    Looks like the refs are letting them play in the 3rd, good news for us.

canes 8 penalties
    hitmen 4 penalties
    Yeah, I am not fan of having power plays determine the game, even when it is my team getting the majority of the power plays. The Canes played well today but still didn't generate much offence.

Default what a joke those ref's were

was at the game in calgary. they called mystery penalties at least three times 1st hoff for tripping,was not even near the play and it was shown on the replay! 2nd. Versteeg puts his hand up to protect himself while he's on the bench gets a roughing! 3rd. versteeg hit in the mouth by a high stick (as usual no call) can't expect much more really from pee wee herman
    Last edited by smilly; 04-05-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Default what a joke those ref's were

was at the game in calgary. they called mystery penalties at least three times 1st hoff for tripping,was not even near the play and it was shown on the replay! 2nd. Versteeg puts his hand up to protect himself while he's on the bench gets a roughing! 3rd. versteeg hit in the mouth by a high stick (as usual no call) can't expect much more really from pee wee herman really

As per usual WHL reffing? (spelling?) has ruined and caused the outcome of another game...Not being a homer here (though the game winning goal was scored on the Versteeg mystery call??***!) but I have watched plenty of other games this year where the Quality of these ref's has really been called into question? Is there not a supervisor of these guys like in any other leauge that can be questioned about his officials lack of consistancy and general knowledge of the Whl rules?? (insert sarcasm here)In closeing A small tear welled up in my eye when Dyck spoke of his lack of a contract with the team when the season ends!! ......God ridance I say...you are NOT the coach you seem to think you are!!! vc178

The refs were not good yesterday,especially if your a Canes fan...
    Couldn't believe he didn't call the high stick on Schultz in the 3rd
    period...Metsola should have been the first star easy,he was great,
    Sbisa is the best puck moving defenseman I've seen in this league for a
    long time.......Beach was terrible.....

The refs were not good, but they hardly decided the outcome. If anything, the Hurricanes got the favour of the officiating given how many cheap shots, late hits and roughing after the whistle infractions they got away with. Well, guess what? Playoffs or not, the referees are eventually going to tire of your crap, and the shot from the bench, as minor as it might have been, was the final straw for the officials, I guess.

Yes, the missed call on Schultz was a joke, but if the officials did their job properly, Calgary would have had about 15 powerplays, so Dyck needs to stop his crying, and start teaching his players some discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by scrawny69
    A small tear welled up in my eye when Dyck spoke of his lack of a contract with the team when the season ends!! ......God ridance I say...you are NOT the coach you seem to think you are!!! vc178

I thought they gave him and Roy a 3 year extension last year already.
    vc124

Default ?????

All right then...Thanx a bunch for the comments from a fan of the team that had all the calls go their way???!!!And just to let ya know your Hitmen are not perfect little angels in between whistles so open your eyes to the play on the ice....As far as "hardly" deciding the outcome of the game...was it not that powerplay goal that stood up as the game winner??? Hopefully one of these nights your team will enjoy the same type of "officiating" and then we shall all await your words of wisdom!! haha vc119

applause As for Dyck not haveing a contract...just goin by his comments from the pre game show last night...I personally hope it's true and he can take the Board and Stasiuk with him vci34 vci33

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    The refs were not good, but they hardly decided the outcome. If anything, the Hurricanes got the favour of the officiating given how many cheap shots, late hits and roughing after the whistle infractions they got away with. Well, guess what? Playoffs or not, the referees are eventually going to tire of your crap, and the shot from the bench, as minor as it might have been, was the final straw for the officials, I guess.

Yes, the missed call on Schultz was a joke, but if the officials did their job properly, Calgary would have had about 15 powerplays, so Dyck needs to stop his crying, and start teaching his players some discipline.
    15 P/P'S INSTEAD OF THE 12 INFRACTIONS THAT WERE CALLED AGAINST THE CANES VS 5 THAT WERE CALLED AGAINST THE HITTIES, IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN RTG, GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE, YOU MUST BE BUDDIES WITH KEVIN MUENCH OR YOU ARE KEVIN MUENCH OR BRAD CURLE ?? vc124