Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: *Round 2 GDT - Hitmen vs Hurricanes*

i think ur right! why else would his location say the "pengrowth saddledome"

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    The refs were not good, but they hardly decided the outcome. If anything, the Hurricanes got the favour of the officiating given how many cheap shots, late hits and roughing after the whistle infractions they got away with. Well, guess what? Playoffs or not, the referees are eventually going to tire of your crap, and the shot from the bench, as minor as it might have been, was the final straw for the officials, I guess.

Yes, the missed call on Schultz was a joke, but if the officials did their job properly, Calgary would have had about 15 powerplays, so Dyck needs to stop his crying, and start teaching his players some discipline.
    It never fails to amaze me at how some fans only see things from thier rose colored glasses point of view. What makes your comments hard to believe is some other Hitmen fans that post on these type of sites also think the Canes got the shaft. Also how does a powerplay goal not have an effect on the game? From what I remember, goals have a bit of an impact on the final score.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 04-06-2009 at 06:14 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smilly
    was at the game in calgary. they called mystery penalties at least three times 1st hoff for tripping,was not even near the play and it was shown on the replay! 2nd. Versteeg puts his hand up to protect himself while he's on the bench gets a roughing! 3rd. versteeg hit in the mouth by a high stick (as usual no call) can't expect much more really from pee wee herman really

Actually Versteeg took a shot at the hitmen player from the bench, I do agree the hit in the mouth by the Schultz high stick was missed. Versteeg goes around slashing guys in the back of the legs all the time, he deserves what he gets. Just my opinon

Canes need some energy on the ice tonight. Go for it all

The reason the Hurricanes are not playing together is because of Rodeo Roy. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years. He disrespects people, most notably his staff and players. He's the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    It never fails to amaze me at how some fans only see things from thier rose colored glasses point of view. What makes your comments hard to believe is some other Hitmen fans that post on these type of sites also think the Canes got the shaft. Also how does a powerplay goal not have an effect on the game? From what I remember, goals have a bit of an impact on the final score.
    Oh christ, dont be a hypocrite. You know damn well your own views are coloured by your being a Lethbridge fan.

Nobody is going to argue the missed call on Schultz was anything but a giant mistake. But the fact is, Lethbridge's strategy on Sunday was to play on, or slightly over, the line. And it cost them. That's not the officials fault, and that's not Calgary's fault. Lethbridge gave the officials a reason to make those calls, and with a clown like Herman, they are going to get made. Especially when a guy on the bench is getting involved. I don't care how minor, you just don't do that. That is a complete and utter lack of discipline, and the Hurricanes deserved to get burned for it. Perhaps losing a game on the back of such a stunt will teach them to play within the rules. Dyck certainly hasn't done that, it seems.