Thread: Holtby

Default Holtby

Do you guys think he'll be back next year or is he going to be playing in the AHL?

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44
    Do you guys think he'll be back next year or is he going to be playing in the AHL?
    It obviously depends on if a goalie from the Hershey Bears earns a spot on the Captials roster next season and the 2 goalies that I think could accomplish that are Michal Neuvirth & Simeon Varlamov.

In saying that and given all the possible scenarios that could happen (playing in the AHL,being loaned to an ECHL team,and playing in the ECHL) I think that the chance of him returning to the WHL is somewhere in the area of 70%(playing pro hockey somewhere)-30%(being returned to the Blades) or there even could be a lower chance of him coming back to the WHL. Even if he did come back and the Blades were not in a position to make a run for the cup in 09-10 then maybe the Blades would trade him to a contender?

That situation has probably the least chance of happening. So in all honesty here I think that last night was his last game played in the WHL. Stranger things have happened though. I think that he could be good enough to play pro hockey,but if the Blades are in a position to make a run for the cup I think Washington may give him a second shot,but I think that is a rare possibility.

I think that Blades fans have probably seen the last of him in the WHL.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE
    It obviously depends on if a goalie from the Hershey Bears earns a spot on the Captials roster next season and the 2 goalies that I think could accomplish that are Michal Neuvirth & Simeon Varlamov.

In saying that and given all the possible scenarios that could happen (playing in the AHL,being loaned to an ECHL team,and playing in the ECHL) I think that the chance of him returning to the WHL is somewhere in the area of 70%(playing pro hockey somewhere)-30%(being returned to the Blades) or there even could be a lower chance of him coming back to the WHL. Even if he did come back and the Blades were not in a position to make a run for the cup in 09-10 then maybe the Blades would trade him to a contender?

That situation has probably the least chance of happening. So in all honesty here I think that last night was his last game played in the WHL. Stranger things have happened though. I think that he could be good enough to play pro hockey,but if the Blades are in a position to make a run for the cup I think Washington may give him a second shot,but I think that is a rare possibility.

I think that Blades fans have probably seen the last of him in the WHL.
    Any chance if he comes back that he's available. May be a situation where Washington will send him back to say a team thats guaranteed a spot in the Mem Cup.. maybe a trade..

Thumbs up Holtby

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44
    Any chance if he comes back that he's available. May be a situation where Washington will send him back to say a team thats guaranteed a spot in the Mem Cup.. maybe a trade..
    I like your thinking. vci34

holtby will be in the ahl next season. the contract he signed with washington during the season virtually guarantees it.

if and that is IF the caps keep varlemov up in the show next year holtby will be battling for time in the echl unless he can outplay one of the guys above him on their depth chart in camp. currently washington has 5 goalies ahead of him

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram View Post
    if and that is IF the caps keep varlemov up in the show next year holtby will be battling for time in the echl unless he can outplay one of the guys above him on their depth chart in camp. currently washington has 5 goalies ahead of him
    Its not un-common at all to see a star goaltender playing in the ECHL. They are going to want him to play every game, night in and night out. They are not going to want Holtby to riding shot gun on the bench playing 20 games a year. Whether its the AHL or ECHL, Holtby will be the starter.

Braden Holtby is far too good to not play pro. No chance in hell he is returned next season.
    BLEED BLUE