Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Champs!

Default Eastern Conference Champs!

Lots has happened since we where last online. The Hitmen have officially tied the league record with their 12th straight playoff win tonight and have swept through the Eastern Conference. That is unbelievable.

Even when they are not at their best they are finding ways to win games, which is scary. They will really have to tighten up defensively for the finals.

GO HITMEN!

First off, Congrats to the Hitmen, 12-0 is truly amazing, not to mention unexpected! I think everyone expected you to win the series, but no one expected a sweep! Hopefully my Rockets will see you there, but we're in tough vs Vancouver. One thing is for sure, no matter who comes out of the west, the finals will be a great series...don't expect a sweep there
    Kelowna Rockets
    Division Titles: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
    Regular Season Championships: 2003, 2004, 2014
    Western Conference Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Western Hockey League Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Memorial Cup Championships: 2004

Iconcup

Congrats to the Hitmen organization and fans. If this was a rebuilding year, what's in store for next year. yikes !!

All kidding a side, great run and best of luck in the Dub final and hopefully in Rimouski. applause

Go Hitmen Go.
    Last edited by caniac # 2; 04-23-2009 at 09:43 AM.

It hurt to be swept by the Hitmen, but in the end your big 4 d-man and relentless forechecking and discipline not to be goaded into fights etc won out. Hate to lose, but it has to be admitted we lost to the better team, so congrats and good luck in the fnals.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    It hurt to be swept by the Hitmen, but in the end your big 4 d-man and relentless forechecking and discipline not to be goaded into fights etc won out. Hate to lose, but it has to be admitted we lost to the better team, so congrats and good luck in the fnals.
    I'm glad the Wheaties played us as hard as they did, the boys needed some adversity. Hopefully they learned a lesson on playing a full 60 minutes.

Best of luck guys, Calgary born...Wheaties fan for life! Gotta root for my hometown boys now!

All-Time Favorite.

Hard to imagine how much better your team would have been had guys like Ryan White and Karl Alzner came back for their final years. I know it was never going to happen but who would have thought they would have the year they are having! The Getlazf/Ladd squad was pretty tough to beat!

Default season for the ages

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonite View Post
    Hard to imagine how much better your team would have been had guys like Ryan White and Karl Alzner came back for their final years. I know it was never going to happen but who would have thought they would have the year they are having! The Getlazf/Ladd squad was pretty tough to beat!
    This years squad is a really tight squad. They bought into daves systems. They dont have any HEADCASE players this season.

I am proud to say im a hitmen fan and season ticket holder.

One more round boys!

Wasnt this supposed to be a rebuilding year or something????

But congrats anyways.

Best of luck as you continue in the playoffs.

Thanks to O&C for the Sig

Default Rebuilding.....

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneflag7 View Post
    Wasnt this supposed to be a rebuilding year or something????

But congrats anyways.

Best of luck as you continue in the playoffs.
    The rebuild was presumed due to the number of top guys still in pro camps nearing the start of the year. Calgary had the good fortune of getting alot of core guys back to hold the house together. Next year will almost be a start from scratch year.

I will also go on record as saying you will not win the Mem Cup.....will not, will not, will not. Remember where it is. Out in Quebec, you won't have the officials in your back pocket. And when you high stick in a goal out there, it won't count........have fun.

Call it sour grapes if you will, but in 05, Kelowna outplayed us. You had divine help. And you can't deny it.